GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meat's Brake DIY (w/ thanks to DanGSR)

07Noside

Banned
yea I've bought two different tools I wasn't sure about opening the bleeder the valve or not as I didn't want to lose to much. Both the fronts were a peace of cake and I've really been musceling the rears and they hardly even budged. I even took a wrench to the handle of the one trying to get more leverage and still no go I'm going to give the bleeders a shot. Am I going ot have to refill it with new break fluid if I only bleed a little bit out or should I be fine?

07Noside

Banned
the bleeder is the valve covered by the nipple on the break caliper its self correct. i dont have a bleeder but i can simply attach a hose to it so thefuid doesnt go every where and all help is great right now cuz im stuck with no rears

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
This is an amazing write up. Have only done drums in my life on my muscle cars. Will be upgrading pads soon, and will use this as a DIY. Any tips I should know about?

Also looks like I need to by a piston reset tool finally! :smile:

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
lol I wonder how 07Noside is doing with his brake job :biggrin:

Nerdavison

Nerd with Speed addiction
Car(s)
07 GTI, 80 TR8
with the rear pads helps to clean off and spray a little lube on the boot for the piston so it doesnt got caught and twist and rip.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
we did my pads last night. we had to twist the rear pistons with a channel lock wrench because we didn't have the correct tool. grease came out as we were torquing it down. nothing else leaking, i'm assuming it's normal. unfortunately i think we got air in the lines. the only way the car stops is by pumping the brake :lol: i'm going to bleed the lines today and hopefully it'll solve that problem.