ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

bertha

amazing,your car's a monster

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Okay, here are few updates;

I started to work on the Quattro project...

Preparing for the AWD.

Open the second hole for the tank.

Covering the welding.

Close to finish.

Haldex installed and coded [emoji1360]

Then as all projects you should have a problem that complicate it [emoji116] [emoji57]

ABS error;

I checked similar project who had the same issue, but he changed the cluster from Scirocco and replaced by Golf R one.
Here is his comment[emoji116]
“However, the conversation gradually drew the attention to the fact that the ABS control device is so "crooked" that it listens the vehicle model / type code sent from the CAN bus to the instrument panel and does not encode the conflicting type code itself. That is, when the instrument panel claims a car to Scirocco, the ABS control device does not allow it to encode itself to Golf. And Scirocco can't be a four-wheel drive. On the instrument panel, that type is "hard-coded", but it cannot be changed by VCDS.”

I believe if the Scirocco instrument cluster changed from FWD to AWD then the ABS fault will disappear. I don’t know how yet but hopefully will figure it out, all support are more than welcome :)

Stay tuned, more is coming [emoji6]

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Congratulations! So jealous, that you have Scirocco and now an AWD. I would much rather have that body style.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Love that body style, sooo jealous. New wheels look great.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Love that body style, sooo jealous. New wheels look great.

Thanks my friend, I love it too :)
Which one looks better, 18” VMR or the 19” Audi?
And what about the 19” Audi color, is it okay? Or better to paint it another color?

I found these pics[emoji116] on Internet for same wheels painted to different color.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks my friend, I love it too :)
Which one looks better, 18” VMR or the 19” Audi?
And what about the 19” Audi color, is it okay? Or better to paint it another color?

I found these pics[emoji116] on Internet for same wheels painted to different color.

Each to his own on wheel color but like the look of the 19's and for me silver looks good because I like the stealthy look.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Subscribed

I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
- ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
- ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesn’t appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.

What did you use to flash the revision "Q" software?

I have the Kufatec unit, but I can't see my oil temperature either.