GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Okay, just new update, the engine is broken!

Car was working perfectly till 3 weeks ago, then the oil consumption become strange, the engine lost one litter up sudden then I add it!

Last week I was going the data logging on 4th gear and during the first log I found a huge black smoke from the exhaust in the back of the car and heard a strange sound in the engine and the car stopped after 300m and that’s it!

As you can see from the pics, the piston in second cylinder is missing! And the block itself is scratched. Moreover the valves are not okay too!

I will check and inspect the turbo to make sure nothing happened to it too!

Honestly I didn’t expect that the engine is damaged because everything inside it is new and forged!!

I don’t know what I will do now because my brain is out of service for the time being.

Noooooooooooooo
I thought I had it bad not being able to finish the project but wow...... Man I hope you find a way to get it back together without too much expense.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
DAMN, I feel so bad for you!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
NEXT STEP

Actually my brain stuck for few days thinking for the next step, and I decided to have a stock CDL engine with the rest of my external parts so I can have the car working. I will tune it for low boost for the time being.

I am thinking now to forge another CDL engine that it is not working and it is in the scrap yard.

I have the IE Tuscan Rods, and Calico Main & Rod bearings, but I don't know which Pistons should I go for.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...ineering-Tuscan-2.0T-FSI-Connecting-Rods.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...ated-Main-Bearing-Set-Audi-VW-4-Cylinder.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...d-Rod-Bearing-Set-for-4-Cylinder-VW-Audi.html

I am between the JE 83mm 9.1:1 or JE 83mm 9.5:1 and I don't know which one should I go for. Or shall I contact Mahle and purchase only the damaged pistons which could be one or two pistons maximum. :iono:

Also, in the cylinder head I have almost everything apart from the Ferrea valves that I think they are damaged! I will go for the stock valves with the Ferrea springs and retainers.

I am planning to go for PagParts GTX3076R gen2 or GTX3576R gen2 kit, as I am going to install the Golf R AWD system before end of June 2018.

Having the PagParts BT kit will be by end of this year when I have enough money! :bow:

All thoughts are more than welcome. This time I want to back stronger than last time with the most powerful built car in my country.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and it’s problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it won’t work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but it’s 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldn’t find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and it’s problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it won’t work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but it’s 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldn’t find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.

Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.

For now I installed ED30 K04 engine and DSG transmission, with DM ECU Stage 2+ & TVS DSG Stage 2+ so I can drive.
I will install the R20 Quattro system and DSG with the ED30 engine.

Also, I will work on forging CDL engine and moving TurboZentrum kit and all aftermarket parts to the CDL one.

Moreover, I am waiting TVS to get all details regarding their big turbo kit on R36.

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Also, contacted HPA and their R36 turbo kit cost is extremely high, it’s more than $100,000!! DQ500 is mandatory with their R36 kit.

They have a complete turbo kit solution for R32 with average power 620hp with DQ250

Seriously.. 100k for a turbo kit?? Give me that money and i'll build you 3 or 4....

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Apart from that I won’t pay $100,000 for modifications!
The $100,000 is cost of complete forged R36 engine, DQ500 DSG, turbo kit, suspension, brakes, exhaust, ECU, tuning for both ECU & TCU, etc...

That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.

Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.

Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.

So far I have the tuned ED30, and I will forge another 2.0 CDL engine, and I will wait the TVS quote for their R36 kit. They said it can provide 600+ hp with stock internals!