GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
While I still have same issue of not starting engine quickly and it took long time to start with UN stable startup, I received the R20 AWD differential and subframe and all necessary rear stuff. I already got the R20 gearbox, fuel tank from few months and it was waiting for the rest of AWD parts!
Once I fixed the engine mechanical or tuning issue I will plan for the AWD conversion.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I just solved the engine startup issue today but I didn’t drive the car yet, I just flashed a new DM file and the engine started normally. I will post the video soon because the Tapatalk doesn’t allow video posting anymore.
I will complete the wastegate adaptation and MBC installation then I will start do data logging in order to complete the pump gas tuning. After the car runs probably I will install the Aquamist WMI system and start working on it and tuning the car accordingly.

Most probably the AWD conversion will start on May 2018 if everything run smoothly.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Engine startup after DM fix file

Morning Guys,

Below the initial startup video (10-FEB) after flashing the DM fix SW;
Initial startup after DM fix file
https://vimeo.com/255338382

This is the second day try (11-FEB), and I drove the car yesterday for few minutes, and it was okay.
https://vimeo.com/255337987

This is from today early startup (12-FEB), and the engine shutdown after few seconds as before but the engine didn't take long to startup, and there are no engine faults in VCDS!
I had to keep pressing the acceleration paddle increasing the RPM above 1000rpm for a while then it works.
https://vimeo.com/255339278
I communicated it to Bronson and see what he will say.

Also, the exhaust temperature is going high quickly and stayed in high temp more than previous file. I guess this should be fixed after doing the data-logging and start tuning the car accordingly.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Does the car stumble and misfire at cold start? When i first swapped my intake manifold to an hpa I had that problem. It would stumble and stall. I went in and adjusted the idle at cold start and that fixed it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Does the car stumble and misfire at cold start? When i first swapped my intake manifold to an hpa I had that problem. It would stumble and stall. I went in and adjusted the idle at cold start and that fixed it

So you did runner flap delete? I ask as I am about to mount my HPA mani.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
I did hpa manifold and now i switched back to standard manifold with rfd. My car was at FFE for a week an they were supposed to fix the cold start problems. Still had the problem when I picked it up so I just raised the idle and the problem went away.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I did hpa manifold and now i switched back to standard manifold with rfd. My car was at FFE for a week an they were supposed to fix the cold start problems. Still had the problem when I picked it up so I just raised the idle and the problem went away.

Agreed, increasing the RPM in idle specially in cold start could be the solution for this issue.
Maybe there is other settings but I don’t know

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Mines been sitting for months due to winter. Started today no problem. Idled without a hiccup. Im telling you just an idle increase takes care of it.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I am thinking to replace the RS4 injectors by the APR/S3 one.

As per APR, these injectors are capable of supporting over 500 HP in extreme applications, these gasoline direct injection injectors feature the proper spray pattern designed to support reliable operation in all normal conditions.

https://www.goapr.com/products/injectors_bosch_hdev_1.html

So, the remaining required HP can be achieved by the Aquamist WMI direct 4 ports kit.

I am not happy with the RS4 black smoke and I feel the car isn’t okay with them. Maybe this is because the car still running by the base file!

What do you think?