GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Can you tell me more about your oil cooler set up? I'm looking for ideas on what to do for mine. Are you using a sandwich plate adapter?

I have Mishimoto 19 row universal oil cooler, connected to the block using iABD oil cooler plate, and running 2.0T FSI oil pump with deleted balance shafts.

Mishimoto Oil Cooler;

iABED Oil Cooler Plate;

2.0T FSI Oil Pump with Deleted Balance Shafts;

I am using the normal 2.0T FSI Oil Filter with this setup

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
It seems that the problem coming from the APR HPFP. Today I checked the oil viscosity as part of the inspection and I found it’s very light with fueling smell. This oil has been changed from 400km without any aggressive driving and now it’s very light and the fuel smell is very strong.
I remember that this happened to friend of mine and he had to replace his APR HPFP by another one.
I am a bit confused now to go for another APR one or go for IE complete HPFP!
The APR worked for 4 years with an aggressive tuning and driving and let’s say it’s okay after 4 years, and I don’t want to lose money with IE specially after the IE FDS intercooler which is not good as APR one :(

What do you think?!
Note: I forgot to mention that I need HPFP to work with iABED TSI conversion kit without changing the spring as I don’t wanna open the HPFP to do any assembly.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Quick update; ordered new APR HPFP from USP and will be shipped to a friend of mine in USA and he will bring it to me by end of next week.

Also, installed the oil pressure gauge in my Rocco and will test it tomorrow, will see/share the numbers

Based on the below article -which I don’t understand from it anything- I will share the numbers and you can help :)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
As the oil heats up it becomes more viscose (like pudding to water) and will not get as high in pressure. What oil are you running?

Usually I run Liqui-Moly 5w40 since 4 years
https://products.liqui-moly.com/synthoil-high-tech-5w-40-2.html

But this time only and only this time because it was not available in the workshop I run Castrol EDGE
https://www.castrol.com/en_za/south...ne-oil-brands/castrol-edge/product-range.html

I will back again to Liqui-Moly next time I will change the oil

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Good to hear you are sorting things out. How did you attach the oil sending unit? Off the adapter plate or?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Good to hear you are sorting things out. How did you attach the oil sending unit? Off the adapter plate or?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks mat
I connected it to the OEM oil pressure sender, I had to use the below fitting;

And used this one to extend the oil pressure gauge sender sensor;