GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I built my car few years ago and still adding more and more stuff from time to time but I never start my build thread. I always say time has been passed to do it but as every time I add more things and stuff I found that I still can start from somewhere, so I decided to start even if it is late, to start later is better than never!

Here are my existed mods and parts, I will try to add the links for each item from the companies website I bought from; hopefully it won't consider as doing marketing for them!

Engine:
DM Big Turbo Custom Tuning
GTX2867R Turbo Charger / .64 Turbine Housing
VF-Engineering T25 High Flow Exhaust Manifold
PTP Turbo T25/28 Lava Turbo Blanket
DEI Titanium Exhaust/Header Wrap Kit
APR/Bosch High Flow FSI Injectors + Install Kit
APR 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump
USP Stage 3 / big turbo Auxiliary Low Pressure Fuel System
VW Performance Rail Valve 145 BAR
APR Fuel Pressure Sensor - 200 BAR
OKADA PLASMA DIRECT Ignition Coils 2.0T
Denso IK24 High Performance Iridium Spark Plugs
INA FSI/TSI Cam Follower Conversion Kit
IE Intake Manifold
Eurojet Front Mount Intercooler Kit
EvoMS V-Flow Intake Transverse 2.0T FSI + Heat Shield
MKVI R20 3-Bar MAP Sensor
Mishimoto Universal Oil Cooler - 19 Row
IE 06F Block to 06A Oil Filter Housing Adapter Plate (IEBAVC12)
IE Oil Pump Chain Tensioner Drill Guide Kit
USP FSI to 1.8T Oil Pump Conversion
JE Piston Set 2.0T FSI (82.5/9.5:1) with (JE Tool Steel Wrist Pins)
IE Tuscan 2.0 FSI Connecting Rods
Calico Coated Main Bearing Set - Audi/VW 4 Cylinder
Calico Coated Rod Bearing Set for 4 Cylinder VW/Audi
IE FSI 2.0T Timing Belt Gear Dowel Pin Kit
IE Billet Adjustable Camshaft Gear for 06F 2.0T FSI Engines
Fluidampr Engine Damper 2.0T FSI
BSH Torque Solution Billet PCV Adapter: 2.0T FSI
GFB T9351 DV+ Diverter Valve Kit
Newspeed HI-FLO Turbo Discharge Conversion
GTX2867R high flow outlet pipe
BSH Throttle Pipe
Aquamist HFS-4 Direct Port Injection System (To be installed and Replaced Devils Own Kit)
Devils Own 2.5 Gallon Tank (To be installed)
Sprint Booster
APR 2.0T FSI Boost Tap
Stage8 Locking Turbo Nuts & Bolts

Drivetrain:
Wavetrac Differential: MK5 GTI/Jetta FWD DSG
SSP 02E DSG 500hp Clutch Upgrade Package (Removed from the gearbox for the time being)
Differential Bearing Kit FWD DSG
Revo DSG Stage2

Steering, Suspension & Mounts:
Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars Set (Front & Rear)
Ultra-Racing Front Upper Strut / Tower Bar
Ultra-Racing Rear Lower Strut / Tower Bar
KMD Audi VW MK5/MK6 Rear Upper Stress Bar
KMD Audi VW MK5/MK6 Rear Lower Stress Bar
Koni Yellow Shocks
Koni Blue Springs
Whiteline Front Sway Bar End Link Set
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar End Link Set
Whiteline Polyurethane Bushing Kit (All Whiteline bushings)
Whiteline Bump-Steer Adjust kit
Vibra-Technics Engine Mount (Road)
Vibra-Technics Transmission Mount (Road)
Vibra-Technics Subframe (Road)
BSH Pendulum Mount Kit
TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Front Subframe Collar Kit
TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit
ECS Street Shield Aluminum Skid Plate Kit

Braking:
R32 Front Brake Kit
Brembo Rear Brake Kit
USP Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines- Bosch Calipers
USP Stainless Steel Front Brake Lines- VW MKV R32/R
TyrolSport Brake Caliper Stiffening Kit for VW/Audi
TyrolSport Master Cylinder Brace

Exhaust:
ATP Downpipe
3" Milltek Catback Exhaust Resonated
DEI Heat Wrap

Interior:
Console Tipple Pod
52mm ECS Boost Gauge
52mm Oil Temp Gauge - 125-300F
52mm Oil Pressure Gauge Kit - 0-100psi
Polar FIS+ Advanced (F03) MFD Display
Koolertron Digital Touch screen DVD Player GPS Navigation System with BT iPod CAN-BUS

Exterior:
Carbon Hood

Future Plans & Parts
Ferrea 2.0T FSI Valvetrain Kit- Stock Sized Valves "bought and arrived"
Valve Stem Seal Kit FSI/TSI "bought and arrived"
IE Valve Guide: 2.0T FSI Engines "bought and arrived"
Intake Camshaft: 2.0T FSI (06F109101J) "bought and arrived"
Exhaust Camshaft (06F109102E) "bought and arrived"
Cam Follower (Hydraulic Lifter) "bought and arrived"
Cylinder Head Gasket Set - VW/Audi 2.0T FSI "bought and arrived"
ARP Camshaft Girdle Bolt Kit: 2.0T FSI "bought and arrived"
ARP VW/Audi 2.0L (FSI) 4cyl Cam Tower Bolt Kit "bought and arrived"
IE 2.0T FSI Catch Can Kit (Requires IE Valve Cover) "bought and arrived"
IE 2.0T FSI Billet Valve Cover-ROW (IEBAVC5) "bought and arrived"
Valve Cover Gasket 2.0T FSI (06F103483D) "bought and arrived"
IE Rear Breather Blockoff Plate For Transverse 2.0T FSI/TSI Engines (IEBAVC8) "bought and arrived"
IE Evap Crossover Tube Relocation - 2.0T FSI (IEBAVC11) "bought and arrived"
EZ Oil Drain Valve Kit (EZ-106KT) "bought and arrived"
Oil and coolant lines and fittings (latest revision) "bought and arrived"
DSG Cool Flow Aluminum Filter Housing w/ Stainless Steel Filter "bought and arrived"
Calico Coated Rod Bearing Set for 4 Cylinder VW/Audi "bought and arrived"
Calico Coated Main Bearing Set - Audi/VW 4 Cylinder "bought and arrived"
Forge Turbo Hose Kit 2.0T FSI- Red "bought and arrived"
Forge Silicone Coolant Hose Kit 2.0TFSI- Red "bought and arrived"
To be continued :wink:

Scirocco 2011 Top Line (hopefully white color) - "bought 2011 White/Black 1.4 TSI"
Swap all my existed car stuff to the Scirocco
Golf MKVI R20 DSG 4 Motion Conversion Kit
Borg Warner EFR7670 with Exhaust Manifold (maybe PPT kit)
To be continued :wink:

So, let’s start the story...

I am driving a complete swapped MKV GTI 2.0T FSI with GTX2867R, it has been swapped from golf MKV 1.6 to the GTI I drive now, the reason of doing the swap and not having the GTI directly is that the GTI cost more than $100,000 in my country while the cost of the swap including the cost of the used golf MKV 1.6 is ~$20,000 to $25,000 based on the MKV 1.6 options and condition.
I bought my used black MKV 1.6 on December 2012 and it was really in an amazing condition with a very lower millage, I bought a used USA MKV GTI DSG with BPY engine from the yard and it was in an excellent condition.
The swap took more than one month and the car become ready to drive after first week of February 2013.

I drove the car for few miles and I found that I can’t drive a stock car, so the modifications trip started! :smile:
I went for Revo as they are the famous one here in my country, I started with stage1, then stage2 with custom 3” downpipe, K&N air intake and eurojet intercooler. The car pulled strong but as the fueling is disaster here and the 95 octane is not 95 so I went for Devils Own WMI with one nozzle in the BSH throttle pipe and the car become stronger especially with the configurable SPS.

And the time for DSG tuning become mandatory and I went for Revo DSG stage1 and it run very good too.
The car was pulling unbelievable and no one believes it is stock K03 turbine :thumbsup:

On December 2013 I destroyed the stock K03 turbocharger! It looks like I need more power from the car in order to fit with my driving style :smile:
K04 become the solution because I was sticky with Revo and I wasn’t planned to modify the engine at this moment.

K04 journey and modifications coming SOON :wink:

Last edited:

CPT.SLO

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow crazy to think a GTI could be worth $100,000 in other countries, when you could pick them up for like $8000 in my area. Would also like to see some pictures if you have any.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Holy engine mods, your car's a monster.

Some countries tax the hell out of cars that are manufactured in another country and imported in. Normal cars end up costing as much as supercars do here.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Wow, what a modification journey. Great way to learn a LOT about your car.

I am most interested in the DSG work since I have that coming up soon. I really want to know how those aftermarket clutches and your DSG tune are working out.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Holy engine mods, your car's a monster.

Some countries tax the hell out of cars that are manufactured in another country and imported in. Normal cars end up costing as much as supercars do here.

Thanks man, it takes a lot of everything to build it like that! :rolleyes:

You are right because the taxes and customs are like hell in my country, do you know that the 2015/2016 Subaru STI cost around $118,000 here! :mad::thumbdown: That's why most of racers go for thr swap.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Wow, what a modification journey. Great way to learn a LOT about your car.

I am most interested in the DSG work since I have that coming up soon. I really want to know how those aftermarket clutches and your DSG tune are working out.

Thanks Lary, Honestly I depends on this forum in many things during the journey and till now :)

I installed the SSP clutches from long time ago but I never succeeded with it, it was always slipping until I burned one of the steel plates, then I discovered it is not working with the 2004, 2005, 2006 clutch basket, you have to use it with 2008 basked because the top retain plates is different and I discovered that after burning one of the steel clutches.
I contact Kris in SSP and we agreed that I can buy only the burned plates then I will try again!

The Wavetrac LSD works perfectly, really you will realize the differences immediately BUT I feel the car is hard to control especially with the very high speed, I mean after 210km!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
K04 journey

I exploded my stock turbo so I have to choose between replacing it by another used K03 or to go for upgrade!
The sounds around me was Go for K04 as it is direct replacement and there is no need for engine modifications.
A friend of mine was in states at that time so he got me the Borgwarner S3/Golf R K04 Turbocharger, Forge K04 Wastegate (yellow spring), APR injectors, APR 2.0T FSI HPFP, USP Auxiliary LPFP, the rest of K04 stuff.

Meanwhile, I take cared of the suspension and other stuff; I ordered the Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars Set, Ultra-Racing Upper Front Strut/Tower Bar, Koni Yellow Shocks, Koni Blue Springs, Whiteline Front and Read Sway Bar End Link Set, Whiteline Polyurethane Bushing Kit (All Whiteline bushings), BSH Mounts Kit, Brembo Front & Rear Brake Kit, DEI Heat Wrap, 52mm ECS Boost Gauge, Polar FIS+ Advanced (F03) MFD Display, Koolertron Digital Touch screen DVD Player GPS Navigation System with BT iPod CAN-BUS, BSH Torque Solution Billet PCV Adapter: 2.0T FSI, Newspeed HI-FLO Turbo Discharge Conversion, other stuff I don’t remember :smile:

The installation started on February 2014 and took around 3 days then I went to Revo dealer (who is close friend by the way) and flashed the car by Revo Stage3+, I drove the car for 1000km with Revo stock mode without exceeding 3000RPM in all gears in order to avoid destroying another turbo.
Btw, having Revo SPS was one of best stuff I have when I had Revo SW, I totally recommend having it if you have Revo Engine SW.

After the first 1000km I start the data-logging following Revo SPS advanced user guide, at the end I kept the winter settings as follows:
(Boost 9, Timing 6, Fuel 9) as my daily drive settings.
(Boost 9, Timing 6, Fuel 6) for the weekends.
(Boost 9, Timing 7, Fuel 5) for the street race days.
The last setting was really aggressive and the car was pulling like train! And it was the fastest and strongest K04 at that moment.
I was lowering timing from one to two degrees in the summer. I had 0 timing pull with Devils Own at that time with this power.

Here are boost graphs of 3 different runs:

K04-1.jpg

K04-2.jpg

K04-3.jpg

I drove the K04 for few months and the car become very famous in the country after few runs with Ford Mustang, BMW M3, Grand Cherokee SRT, and Dodge Charger! I got many requests to sell me K04 setup, actually I am not fan of the arranged and planned drag races, I race when I met those cars on the streets :smile:

So, after having too much demand of selling my K04 setup, and the idea of going a step above become to my mind but as I don’t like the spool delay/lag of big turbos, I found the GTX2867R is the most suitable one if I decided to upgrade.

Up sudden, I got an offer to take my friend's GTX2867R turbocharger with brand new turbine almost with the same price of selling my K04 BUT I had a decision before that I won’t go for big turbo without engine modifications.

And the GTX2867R and engine modifications journey started…

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Awesome!! It's about time you started a build thread!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
You have practically the exact build on your motor I'm going with. Still bouncing back and forth between a GTX and an EFR series. I will definitely be picking your brain!

Good to know there is similar person crazy like me :)

If I had the chance between EFR & GTX I will definitely go for EFR, I was planning to go for EFR7670 but again due to the turbo lag I decided to go for a medium turbo. Also, it was an offer from my friend and I couldn't resist the price LOL

I suggest going for EFR but also I suggest having a complete kit and not building your own, in this case the only available option in market is IE450T and PPT EFR kit.
The extra point for PPT is that they are working on it and they aren't limited to EFR6758, you can ask for bigger turbo if you want (that's what I heard).
https://www.facebook.com/Pagparts/?fref=ts

But, the extra point for IE is they always develop a stat of art (apart of the IE manifold :cry:) and their IE450T kit is proven :thumbsup: