GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
Painting update

Here are pics from the painting process;

IMG_7584.JPG

IMG_7585.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7591.JPG

The roof still pending and I am not expecting to complete the process before 2 weeks!
I found that the front pumper must be replaced as there are lots of cracks inside it, and I don't wanna go for the R style as I like having fog lights & DRL not only DRL.
I want to go for Scirocco rear diffuser conversion to r style, but I couldn't find yet a rubber one on the internet.

more is coming :wink:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
It's around $1000 if you will use the original material or the highest quality one available in the market.

-------
Philosophy Of Eagles:
- Eagles flies only with eagles!
- To reach the top you must fly with the Top!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
Painting update

Few pics received from my friend during the painting process:

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Expected to paint the first layer tomorrow :bow:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
Giving my MKV engine bay a shower [emoji6]

It has been more than a month not caring about it and focusing on the Rocco, but it's is the origin [emoji7]

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
After swapping the suspension & brakes I decided to give it a shower and car care too [emoji7]

After the shower I started again to think about keeping it as stock GTI and don't sell it [emoji848]

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
It has been long time without updates.
Was very busy focusing on WORK, WORK, WORK and sometimes cars! [emoji57]
Below few pics of installing the remaining and pending parts into MKV engine before swapping to Rocco:

More is coming soon

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
Here is one of the best pieces I have till now "iABED 1.8T oil filter housing", it replaces the conversion plate and the OEM 1.8T oil filter housing, allows more space before touching the throttle body, I will write a complete review of it after completing the parts installation.

Pics [emoji6]

Before installation:

After installation:

The Mishimoto oil cooler sandwich is installed in the above pics, in my opinion if the new version of iABED plate can include the IN & OUT lines for the oil cooler then it will be incredible as it will save more space and replacing 3 pieces instead of 2. But, to be honest it wasn't in the initial design.

More is coming [emoji6]

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Ride
VW Golf
Issam, is it possible to have a new version including the IN & OUT ports/lines for the oil cooler?
It will save more space and It will be a complete solution in my opinion.