GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mayweather vs Guerrero

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
Anybody interested in this bout? I want to watch it but don't really feel like paying for it. Does anybody know how long after the fight the torrents go up? Or the best way to watch online? I'm a sucker, I've always just paid the money

Also what are your predictions? I predict a very boring 12 rounds. Lol mayweather unanimous decision. PPV fights usually suck.

DarkCloak

Banned
It is boxing. Otherwise known as the Idiot's Martial Art.

1. Boxers always lose to wrestlers.
2. They take a non strategic/non-manueverability approach to fighting by slugging it out instead of gaining a positional advantage to the opponent.
3. They wear goloves to protect their hands when hitting the opponent. THey would brake their hands if bare knuckled.
4. No boxer would even be competitve against a skilled MMA fighter.
5. Mayweather is a whiny little bitch who would not win a fight outside of the boxing ring.
6. Boxing is corrupt.
7. On the Brightside Sonnen vs Jones should be a decent fight! To quality wrestlers in the same octagon.
8. Boxing sucks.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion

2. They take a non strategic/non-manueverability approach to fighting by slugging it out instead of gaining a positional advantage to the opponent.
3. They wear goloves to protect their hands when hitting the opponent. THey would brake their hands if bare knuckled.
5. Mayweather is a whiny little bitch who would not win a fight outside of the boxing ring.
6. Boxing is corrupt.
7. On the Brightside Sonnen vs Jones should be a decent fight! To quality wrestlers in the same octagon.
8. Boxing sucks.

You obviously dont know anything about boxing, and have not seen a real boxing fight. PPV fights are sometimes corrupt..you should see lower caliber fighters box. MMA is going to die out..its just popular at the moment. MMA is mostly a bunch of whacked out dudes brawling for their life with 0 skill. There are some talented fighters such as GSP, Silva, Fedor Emelianenko..to name a few but other than that MMA has become crap.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
you can stream it on firstrowsports

SRT2GTI

Banned

6. Boxing is corrupt.
8. Boxing sucks.

First off, this is an absolutely retarded post and like the poster above stated, you have zero clue what you're talking about in regards to boxing.

1. Most wrestlers in MMA must have some sense of boxing to even be competitive, otherwise they would lose all of the time. Almost every MMA fight begins in the traditional boxing stance, yet most MMA fighters are amateur (at best) at boxing. Many knockouts are achieved in MMA by no technique haymakers that fighters simply walk into because they have no stand-up game.

2. Only stupid fighters stand toe-to-toe when fighting and the days of 1930s boxing of slugging it out are a way of the past. Footwork is a huge portion of boxing and extremely hard to perfect. I box myself, and perfecting timing, footwork and striking is a difficult task to complete.

3. This might be your dumbest point yet. Of course they wear gloves. It's a business and they make money off of their hands. Boxers employee extreme technique and speed when throwing punches and occasionally, they still break their hands even while wearing 8-10 oz gloves. Boxers also strengthen the bones in their forearms, wrists and hands to combat breaking bones. Not to toot my horn, but I can punch a brick wall and barely feel it.

4. Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz, GSP, BJ Penn, KJ Noons all have pretty stellar boxing skills which makes them even better MMA fighters. With that said, each of them would get schooled in a straight boxing match with a low tier pro boxer.

5. Agreed, Mayweather is a whiny bitch, but he would hit you 5 times before you even new what happened. And rest assured, I guarantee you would not be able to land a single punch on him. You have to get close to him in order to take him down.

6. Boxing is corrupt...perhaps, but many sports are. I do agree there needs to be different methods of judging and accountability.

7. I enjoy MMA too, but you're clearly a wrestling fan boy or perhaps you just enjoy watching sweaty men roll around with each other. :iono:

8. you suck! :fighting0030:

To answer the op. The smart money is on Mayweather obviously, however if Guerrero can out work Floyd all 12 rds there is an outside chance he could pull off an upset. Both guys have incredible stamina and have solid chins. I think it'll be a decent fight, but in the end...Mayweather via unanimous decision

Last edited:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion

6. Boxing is corrupt.
8. Boxing sucks.

i dont care for boxing. but this all pertains to MMA as well. boxing and MMA is the most innefective way of fighting ever. dont you wonder how a guy can get repeatedly hit in the same area and not go down?:lol: for 3+ rounds? give me break.

DarkCloak

Banned
First off, this is an absolutely retarded post and like the poster above stated, you have zero clue what you're talking about in regards to boxing.

1. Most wrestlers in MMA must have some sense of boxing to even be competitive, otherwise they would lose all of the time. Almost every MMA fight begins in the traditional boxing stance, yet most MMA fighters are amateur (at best) at boxing. Many knockouts are achieved in MMA by no technique haymakers that fighters simply walk into because they have no stand-up game.

2. Only stupid fighters stand toe-to-toe when fighting and the days of 1930s boxing of slugging it out are a way of the past. Footwork is a huge portion of boxing and extremely hard to perfect. I box myself, and perfecting timing, footwork and striking is a difficult task to complete.

3. This might be your dumbest point yet. Of course they wear gloves. Far from it. This is why striking is less useful in real fights on the street as the hands are broken. But, then again the BJJ Guard is less useful on asphalt, because you can slam the guy through the ground and they will not be getting up

4. Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz, GSP, BJ Penn, KJ Noons all have pretty stellar boxing skills which makes them even better MMA fighters. With that said, each of them would get schooled in a straight boxing match with a low tier pro boxer.

5. Agreed, Mayweather is a whiny bitch, but he would hit you 5 times before you even new what happened. I don't think so I would place a collegiate wrestler like myself with marginal boxing skills against an elite boxer with no wrestling and no BJJ skills. I assure you that Mayweather would be tapped within 1 minute against an elite fighter of the same weight.

6. Boxing is corrupt...perhaps, but many sports are. I do agree there needs to be different methods of judging and accountability. :word:

7. I enjoy MMA too, but you're clearly a wrestling fan boy or perhaps you just enjoy watching sweaty men roll around with each other. :iono:

Why you equate boxing with gay sex I have no idea but I assure you that neither looks like the other. Am I wrestling fanboy "GUILTY"[/B

]8. you suck! :fighting0030: Great comeback I see what you did there. You took my comment about boxing and then you flipped it around uncreatively at me. Then stating that it is me that sucks. Well you sure let me know what is Up.

Keep Trolling, trolling trolling!!!:dnftt:

SRT2GTI

Banned
Keep Trolling, trolling trolling!!!:dnftt:

At least you understood the comeback of point 8, which was meant to be a funny jab, however it appears you took it personally. It's safe to say, we'll never see you fight Floyd, but my initial comment still stands. You would first have to get close to him and he would hit you 5 times before you even knew what happened. Just so you're aware, your entire first post was trolling.

MReyes

Ready to race!
The OP didn't ask for your opinion on boxing vs MMA so quit wasting everyone's time. You don't like boxing cool good for you...

OP - Mayweather is too skilled too slick for Guerrero.. 12 round decision is a good bet, but i would not be surprised if it Mayweather ends it in late 9 or 10 . I won't pay for it I'll see if one of my buddies will be having it haha I'm too cheap

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
I can understand an argument against boxing, but I can't bring myself to watch mma. A bunch of bros rolling around in tight little shorts. Just not my thing.

Boxing has a lot of repair to do tho. Mayweather Pacquiao never happening, the BS Bradley victory, and did anybody watch Donaire v Rigondeaux? What a f'in snooze fest.

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion

No MMA fighter would be competitive against a skilled boxer within the rules and confines of a boxing ring.

MMA title fights...TITLE fights are 5 rounds. 5 rounds of rolling around and sniffing each other's taints. Pro boxers are repeatedly beat in the head for 10-12 rounds. That's why there's so much padding in the gloves. You want to tell me that MMA fighters are much tougher? Why do you see so many MMA fighters knocked out with flash punches? Because very few of them have a chin. If a pro boxer were to fight an MMA fighter with MMA gloves forget about it.

They are each trained in a different discipline. So the argument that an MMA fighter would beat down a boxer with their wrestling is moot. Apples and oranges. They play by different rules are are built for different things. That's like arguing that the BRZ will out handle a GTI but the GTI will toast it in the straights. Their both cars...but built for different things.

DarkCloak

Banned
No MMA fighter would be competitive against a skilled boxer within the rules and confines of a boxing ring.

Well duh!. But why has a single boxer never been competitive in MMA when the list of Judokas, wrestling, and BJJ stars is endless. Although Anderson Silva is a Muay Thai boxer he is a BJJ Black Belt with numerous freestyle wrestling wins as a kid and could hardly be considered solely a striker. His striking is just so phenomenal that people overlook his other many talents.
MMA title fights...TITLE fights are 5 rounds. 5 rounds of rolling around and sniffing each other's taints. Pro boxers are repeatedly beat in the head for 10-12 rounds. That's why there's so much padding in the gloves. You want to tell me that MMA fighters are much tougher? Why do you see so many MMA fighters knocked out with flash punches?

Well. You answer your own question. MMA fighters are rarely ever knocked out. Insted the fight ends in a TKO which stands fro "Technical Knock Out" which is a referee stoppage to prevent further injury to the fighter. Also do to the nature of the open competition the fighter must use a hybrid boxing/wrestling stance that allows for both adequate defense of both takedowns, punches, and kicks, thus the ability to land a stunning blow to the fighter is increased.

FYI the gloves are padded in boxing to protect the hands of the puncher not the head of the punchee!

In boxing the ref just stands the dude back up and lets him get hit by the padded gloves again and again and then stands him back up again. Also in boxing the individual only has to defend his upper body against puches. He or she does not need to be concerned about kicks to the thigh, double leg takedowns,or throws. Thus, it is more difficult to land such a devastating blow as the fighters are confined to a more narrow scope of responsibility adn therefore can focus their full attention on detail of that matter. It is for this same reason that most individuals find high level wrestling boring. Since the wrestler does not need to defend against strikes he can modify his stance into a more advantagous lower position with his hands defending his legs and mid section more than his face. Thus takedowns are much more difficult. In international greco with its ban on lower body takedowns it is more common to see a put down than a take down whereby the referee orders a score to the most aggressive wrestler with no takedown having been performed.

This should be obvious to you. Based upon your comments about wrestling and mma it is obviously that you are not very knowledgable at the subject and most likely would not have lasted a single week on your high school's wrestling team. You are obviosuly also a homophobe which is typically the sign of indiviual with low self esteem who knows that he is the scum of the male hierarchy and therefore must over compensate by trying to generate an exterior view of a confident man whilst being scared within. But then again you are from Texas home of more blow hard wannabes than anyway else. Like seriously have you seen the buffoons that walk around dressed as Cowboys but live in the suburbs of Dallas?

The UFC was created to showcase BJJ. Which it did. It shows the superiority of well rounded grapplers against strikers. Only since the advent of padded gloves have strikers become competitive. Really a fighter needs to be at least moderately talented in each discipline to be succesful as the 1 trick oponies have all died away or can not reach higher levels.

Was I trolling? Obviously Yes! I am now no longer hungry!

:dnftt:

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
FYI the gloves are padded in boxing to protect the hands of the puncher not the head of the punchee!

Wrong. Why do you think amateurs are required to wear headgear and 16oz gloves? To protect the head. Not until they step up in skill ranks do they take the headgear off and go down to 10oz gloves. This is to protect the head.

Pro boxers use 10oz (heavyweights) gloves - (middleweight 8oz , flyweight 6oz ) MMA fighters use 6oz gloves. MMA gloves have no thumb, open palms, and very small wrist cuffs. Boxing gloves are closed, have a lot of padding on the thumb, and wrist cuffs that go halfway down the forearm. Take away the excess of the boxing glove and you have a glove that weighs the same as an MMA glove. So your glove debate is moot. They both have about the same amount of padding on the knuckles.

In boxing the ref just stands the dude back up and lets him get hit by the padded gloves again and again and then stands him back up again. Also in boxing the individual only has to defend his upper body against puches. He or she does not need to be concerned about kicks to the thigh, double leg takedowns,or throws. Thus, it is more difficult to land such a devastating blow as the fighters are confined to a more narrow scope of responsibility adn therefore can focus their full attention on detail of that matter.

What are you trying to say here, that it's harder to score a knockout in boxing because they only have to defend their upper body?

This should be obvious to you. Based upon your comments about wrestling and mma it is obviously that you are not very knowledgable at the subject and most likely would not have lasted a single week on your high school's wrestling team. You are obviosuly also a homophobe which is typically the sign of indiviual with low self esteem who knows that he is the scum of the male hierarchy and therefore must over compensate by trying to generate an exterior view of a confident man whilst being scared within. But then again you are from Texas home of more blow hard wannabes than anyway else. Like seriously have you seen the buffoons that walk around dressed as Cowboys but live in the suburbs of Dallas?

Well I trained with Saekson Janjira, wrestled with Muhammed Lawal in high school, learned from disciples whom trained under the Gracies, have competed in several Golden Gloves competition, and helped photograph several NOH8 campaigns. So yea...you really have me figured out detective.

The UFC was created to showcase BJJ. Which it did.
UFC was created as bloodbath tournament to find the "best fighters in the world". There was no structure and it was human cockfighting. There no rules outside of eye gauges and hair pulling. It gained traction for being a showcase of mayhem and government officials brought to a wider audience when they tried to step in and end it. Dana White saw an opportunity and took over making it into what it is today. It's roots wasn't about BJJ. It was about fighting.

It shows the superiority of well rounded grapplers against strikers. Really a fighter needs to be at least moderately talented in each discipline to be succesful as the 1 trick oponies have all died away or can not reach higher levels.

Nobody ever disputed this fact.

Last edited: