GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Massive oil blow by

Alexanselmo8

Bought this car in December and had 3k worth of work done to motor a few months prior. Bought it had bad throttle body full of carbon so replaced. Kept having slow take offs so upgraded to dv+ and installed a cts catch can last week to catch blow by. First drive about 40 miles and catch can filled and blew out 2 quarts of oil. Emptied the can and changed my oil to fifinfifind that I blew out 2 quarts. Changed the oil and next drive 2 quarts blown through and filled catch can. Local oreilly has an employ with vag com and cleared codes and when back next day for re scan and only a bad cat popped up. Can bad cat cause this. Just orderd a cat less downpipe

Alexanselmo8

Codesand receipts from seller

Attachments

• 20200507_180727.jpg
    20200507_180727.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 20200513_150739.jpg
    20200513_150739.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • 20200513_150733.jpg
    20200513_150733.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Can the catalyst cause blow-by? Yes. Can cause back pressure or damage from excessive heat.
Hard to determine because not sure of the catch-can set-up you have, but would like to see that if possible.
Typically the crankcase ventilation is responsible but wear and tear on the rings can be responsible.

The TSI has had issues sucking oil with some catch-can kits. The poor design of some causing intake leaks and oil to fill the can. Was it losing oil this much before the catch-can was installed? Was a new oem PCV installed if it was losing oil before?

Alexanselmo8

At work rn. It is etc catch can kit easy to find. Installed all correctly and double checked. Pcv was acting up and having blow by now I think the can just restricts it less and just fills up and starts blowing into intake above turbo. My theory is theres to much back pressure from my cat causing to much pressure in my crank so when it vents it blows out? Is that right or am I just sounding stupid haha. Will post picks of everything tomorro morning

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI