GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Market for GTI Springs Amongst Rabbit Owners?

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
Okay, my curiosity is getting the better of me, especially when I'm about a year off from getting my MkV GTI...but anyone know if there would be a market for North American GTI springs amongst non-GTI Rabbit owners? I'm planning on getting the European GTI springs, and figure it'd be nice to unload the OEM springs once I get the European springs installed...

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
AJChenMPH said:
Okay, my curiosity is getting the better of me, especially when I'm about a year off from getting my MkV GTI...but anyone know if there would be a market for North American GTI springs amongst non-GTI Rabbit owners? I'm planning on getting the European GTI springs, and figure it'd be nice to unload the OEM springs once I get the European springs installed...

i know that sti owners load of their oem to wrx owners most of the time. i dont see any reason why not. i just dont think the springs will be worth it for the rabbit owners though. there should be cheap enough options for them.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
:laugh: Oh the anticipation. If you're looking into swap outs like that already, I'm afraid the next year is going to seem like forever. Don't take me wrong. I think it's funny that you are doing this stuff when you might be getting the car in a year. I guess it's always better to be prepared.

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
*sigh* When you have this terrible thing known as VW addiction... :laugh:

For the last three years, I'd sit around and obsess over what R-compound tire to buy for track events. Never wound up buying them, and since I've made the decision to return my car to pure non-track duty, all I've done is obsess over buying the new GTI and what mods I want to do to it!

scsuh

Go Kart Newbie
The 2007 model GTI's are set to receive a 22mm drop in ride height, so I'm assuming that VW is simply putting the Euro springs into the US Spec GTI's. Either way, the upcoming models will be lower, so it probably won't be necessary to buy the Euro springs.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Man, the 07's are going to have the Euro ride heights? That's ass...guess the early buyers got hosed on this deal.