GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

March Madness

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
ryan kelly has been playing 3.5 min a game in the tournament...i highly doubt he will be a factor. Bryant is their second leading 3 point shooter...but i agree that mazulla should start. Singler will have to rely on the jump shot in this zone. Personally i dont see this being a romp i see this as being a low scoring game set in half court offense which plays right into wvu strengths.

That's a rather myopic view. Duke thrives in the half court. This is not the Duke of old. This is not the small, fast guard oriented teams of the past. This is a big, hulking, deliberate Duke team with flares of the past in Smith and Scheyer.

Duke will press because WVU isn't a great ball handling team, but they won't over commit to that press and try to play this game in transition. I agree with you that it'll be a half court game, but that doesn't favor WVU or Duke overtly.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
And Udoh was getting away with murder during the game today. Be it clearing players out to go around them with elbows or more pushing than normal on the defensive end. And then he pulls the soccer player overreaction when Smith tries to fight through his "moving" screens. I am glad the officials were not falling for it.

I think you and I are the only two people in the world who saw this. Everyone else was jumping on the "Duke gets all the calls" bandwagon.

I think this was the toughest game for Duke. Playing a team that matches up against them really well in a true road game on a night when Singler goes 0 for 10. WVU will be tough, but not as tough as this one. Its downhill from here for Duke.

Watch out for Butler, though. They looked really good this weekend. And they're playing at home.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
I think you and I are the only two people in the world who saw this. Everyone else was jumping on the "Duke gets all the calls" bandwagon.

I think this was the toughest game for Duke. Playing a team that matches up against them really well in a true road game on a night when Singler goes 0 for 10. WVU will be tough, but not as tough as this one. Its downhill from here for Duke.

Watch out for Butler, though. They looked really good this weekend. And they're playing at home.

I know, some people only see what they want to see.

Duke really had a tough time with the athletic Baylor players but a lot of their ability was so raw they were not able to harness and use to effectively 100% of the time.

I don't think WVU will be launching as many 3's as they did against Kentucky. I also think Singler will have a much better game, I expect it to be pretty close like todays game with Duke pulling away at the end.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Duke winning blew $500 for me. :paddle: I had Butler, WVU and Baylor in my odd final four picks bracket (I always play 2, odd picks and one pretty straight up). Either way, all the games were really entertaining (as has been the case for the tourny).

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Alright Final Four Weekend...Who ya got?

Butler vs MSU --> I'm going with Butler; however, I'm a little concerned they will be overcome by the pressure of playing on such a big stage and so close to home (pressure to win for the home fans). Izzo has been here and knows how to prep his team...I just feel Butler is the better team all around.

Duke vs WVU --> I'm honestly lost on this one, but I'm going with Duke. WVU is very athletic and long, yet lack the personnel to contend with Zoubek. In addition, Duke's ball pressure against the lack of a good ball handler from WVU will be a major key to this game. If Kentuky had hit a couple of the wide open 3's, they would have beaten VWU. Duke isn't going to miss those opportunities. If the game stays in the half court, Duke should pull away in the last 10 minutes.

Finals: Butler vs Duke --> Duke will take this one...though I feel it will be closer than expected. This will be one of the few times where Duke might be slightly more athletic than their opponent. Lots of very interesting (even) match-ups here...Singler vs Hayward, Smith vs Mack, Zoubek vs Howard (if he can stay out of foul trouble). Honestly, I think Scheyer (and the Duke bench) will be the key(s) in this game...I think Scheyer will go for 30 and lead the Blue Devils.

Also, what the hell is the NCAA thinking by expanding the tourney? Did they learn anything from this year's games...the whole tournament was a blast to watch. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Also, what the hell is the NCAA thinking by expanding the tourney? Did they learn anything from this year's games...the whole tournament was a blast to watch. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It is a money grab, plain and simple. :mad:

And in essence would dilute the best sports tournament in the world.

Duke vs MSU in the final with Duke winning it all.

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
Alright Final Four Weekend...Who ya got?

Butler vs MSU --> I'm going with Butler; however, I'm a little concerned they will be overcome by the pressure of playing on such a big stage and so close to home (pressure to win for the home fans). Izzo has been here and knows how to prep his team...I just feel Butler is the better team all around.

Duke vs WVU --> I'm honestly lost on this one, but I'm going with Duke. WVU is very athletic and long, yet lack the personnel to contend with Zoubek. In addition, Duke's ball pressure against the lack of a good ball handler from WVU will be a major key to this game. If Kentuky had hit a couple of the wide open 3's, they would have beaten VWU. Duke isn't going to miss those opportunities. If the game stays in the half court, Duke should pull away in the last 10 minutes.

Finals: Butler vs Duke --> Duke will take this one...though I feel it will be closer than expected. This will be one of the few times where Duke might be slightly more athletic than their opponent. Lots of very interesting (even) match-ups here...Singler vs Hayward, Smith vs Mack, Zoubek vs Howard (if he can stay out of foul trouble). Honestly, I think Scheyer (and the Duke bench) will be the key(s) in this game...I think Scheyer will go for 30 and lead the Blue Devils.

On my way to Indy right now :thumbup: Friggin 10 hour drive from Durham, but should be well worth it.

For Butler/Msu, I'm gonna go butler. I just don't think MSU can survive another game without their point guard, and Butler's got the home floor. Should be a good one, though.

For Duke/WVU, I gotta go with Duke. No fanboism here, as I picked against Duke in the Baylor game. But I don't think WVU can keep Duke off the glass or handle the ball pressure Duke will apply. Duke and WVU play similar styles, and I think that's advantage Duke as the only teams that have given Duke trouble are teams that take them out of their tempo. WVU can't do that, and will get killed on the glass.

And in the title game, I'm going with Duke again, though I think Butler matches up with Duke well in some ways, Duke is more talented and more experienced.

Its gonna be an awesome weekend.