GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAP sensor troubleshooting

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I suspect that my MAP sensor might be either failing, or that the harness has an intermittent connection. The car runs rich, pulls timing early, and power delivery is delayed.

Are those symptoms of a bad MAP sensor or bad MAP sensor harness?

This is on a K04 with the DM K04+ tune. I have been chasing the power bogging down issue for a long time...

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I suspect that my MAP sensor might be either failing, or that the harness has an intermittent connection. The car runs rich, pulls timing early, and power delivery is delayed.

Are those symptoms of a bad MAP sensor or bad MAP sensor harness?

This is on a K04 with the DM K04+ tune. I have been chasing the power bogging down issue for a long time...

Well, I'm having a few of these issues right as well. Pretty sure mine is a plugged cat though.
Are you sure it isn't MAF? And, maybe you should just through a new MAP in.

Have you tried using the 3bar MAP sensor as fitted to the GolfR/S3/ED35 motors?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

If he's on the k04+ tune, he's using a 3-bar sensor.

k04 and stuff.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Have you tried using the 3bar MAP sensor as fitted to the GolfR/S3/ED35 motors?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

That's right, I already have the 3 bar MAP sensor for my K04+ tune.

I noticed the car has been driving strangely ever since my throttle body pipe blew loose under boost a few times.

And, since I have checked almost everything, including pulling my K04 out and reinstalling it, new O2 sensors, new spark plugs, new fuel filter.., I suspect the MAP sensor or the MAP sensor harness may be damaged when the throttle body pipe blew loose.

I am on the cusp of trying another tune, because I flashed back to an earlier version of the DM K04+ and the car pulled much better in the low RPMs. I am experiencing very poor torque under 4,000 RPM, but right when 4,000 RPM swings around, the torque instantly kicks in, and VAGCOM shows that is when the timing advances above 0 too.

The car seems to drive significantly better at night vs. during the day. If I think about it rationally, I think the MAP sensor harness is more fragile than the MAP sensor itself, so that could be a problem. But, I checked the MAP readings while wiggling the wire, and couldn't find any changes in the values. Could it still be faulty?

Dasteknoviking

Ready to race!
Did you ever sort this out? My car is having power delivery issues all the sudden also. I'm on the stock map sensor as I was told R one was not needed by Bronson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

fastwire

Ready to race!
I just had to changed the MAP because a fault, it didn't fix the cuts Iam facing at full boost, I will change now the Boost Control Valve.

edit: it was the wastegate frequency valve but showed MAP fault

Last edited: