GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manual Transmission Fluid Change

I used the cheaper of the two because it met the specs and because it was cheaper. Just picked up 3l of the oem stuff. Should be shifting smoothly in a few mins. I usually don't bash a product, but that Motul techsynthese was absolute garbage in the cold. I would skip shifting into 3rd just to avoid the bump I felt when cold.

thats because it was not for your application,read what it says in the product description.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Well back to the oem stuff. Shifts are buttery smooth. Don't fix what isn't broken. Lesson learned at a 60$ price tag:/

gearhead94

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is a 2006. It has different plugs in the trans. They look anti tamper plugs not regular ones. What the hell.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Throw some pics up.

gearhead94

Passed Driver's Ed
here is a pic of the drain plug in my car. The fill plug is the same. I got them out.

white4dr

The Stig
Check out Pentosin MTF2. A lot of OEM fluid for german cars is rebranded Pentosin. I'm running it in my m3 and jetta, it works great. They have it on ECS.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
How often should you change the transmission fluid?

16whitemk7

Another Addict
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE 6mt
Sorry to revive this old thread but I have this same plug on my car and I'm trying to find the specs of this 12 point tamper proof bit. Does anyone know the size I need? can this be bought at your local Pepboys or Autoparts or other hardware store or is it only available through the dealer?

TIA! :thumbsup:

here is a pic of the drain plug in my car. The fill plug is the same. I got them out.