GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Make sure to check your oil level frequently!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I check the oil and tires pressure every two weeks.

I use Amsoil 5w40 and use about a pint or less in 5,000 miles.

Last edited:

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Yea tell that to VW, they claim 1 quart ever 1k is normal...:mad0259:

i don't agree with it, but unfortunately, if your oil consumption is less than that, then don't bother complaining to them, cuz you'll just waste your time. if you're getting high oil consumption, then there are things you can check like the pcv system.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Is this a sticky? Good info. I try to check my oil at least every two weeks. When I had a bad PCV, I was using a quart of oil per 1000 miles. Now I use about a quart to a quart and a half per 5000 miles.

Stockgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI 2007
when i use castrol i need to add a quart every 1000 miles if i use mobil 1 i dont need to add any oil for 3,000 miles, i change the oil every 3,000 miles

BMPGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
i have a hard time reading the dipstick on my car. I don't know if it's me but my mk4's dipstick was easier to read. everytime i pull it out to check the oil is all over the stick and i can't get an accurate reading.

Also make sure the car is level and has cooled down from running. This allows all the oil to return to the sump from the systems and cool down. At a cooler temperature it will have a lower density and the level will read lower.

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
Car(s)
2010 370Z
am i the only person who experiences no oil loss. i check my oil every week or so. ( i drive between 500-1000 miles a week) and the last 2 times i had my oil changed (at 5-6k intervals) i never once had my oil line vary from the full line.