GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maintenance Schedule for the GTI 2.0 (scans from the manual)

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
If you do the services yourself, how do you get the service now indicator turned off? Do i really have to go down to the dealer? and will they just reset it?

1. Press & hold reset odometer dash button ("0.0" button)
2. Turn key to electrical power on position (don't engage the starter)
3. Wait for "Service Now" message to appear
4. Release reset button
5. Press "minute" button. This should reset the service interval to max

CWMKV06

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 CW GTI 2dr
1. Press & hold reset odometer dash button ("0.0" button)
2. Turn key to electrical power on position (don't engage the starter)
3. Wait for "Service Now" message to appear
4. Release reset button
5. Press "minute" button. This should reset the service interval to max

Hey thanks a lot for the info.

UCVDub

the MFD isn't that smart... i just knows to say "hey, you need service" every 5k... just reset it like above... or if you're anal like most of us, change your oil, haha

my question is: how do you clean and lube the sunroof frame?

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
why is everyone talking about replacing the pollen filter for the 20k, the manual specifies that only Canada needs that done at 20k... i am confused.

i guess the bottom line here is, i need to go to the dealer and ask for an itemized 20k service sheet, this way i can cut out everything that i can do myself... but still the question remains, how in the world will i keep my warranty if i do it all myself?

Change the pollen filter at 20k. I just did mine and it was FILTHY. Full of dirt and dust and bits of leaves. I mean it was disgusting filthy.

Mark5ive

My 2008 Is at about 15,000 miles and I have the service indicator going off. I found the same chart on the VW website so I called a local dealer and they confirmed the 15K service is only an oil change.

Also, I asked them about performing services at other garages and they said I can service it wherever I want but I need to keep a record of what was done because VW will not have it. Then if anything goes wrong I can prove the car was properly serviced to claim a warranty repair.

latenite

Conan O'Brien
so what? do i need to oil change at 15k to keep the warranty? my mfd has been saying service now for 1000 miles now (im at 16k) but ive been ignoring it since the manual says 5, 10, 20... also, the service by xxxxx miles or xx/xx/xx date, I had an injury that left me unable to drive and so missed that date, would that be grounds of voiding a warranty?

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Quick question on the spark plug replacement for 40k How do i know what model GTi I have?

It's a 2007 VW Gti DSG 2.0T, I'm guessing that's the 2.0L TFSI, which according to the schedule means i don't have to replace the plugs.. ?? Is that correct ?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Quick question on the spark plug replacement for 40k How do i know what model GTi I have?

It's a 2007 VW Gti DSG 2.0T, I'm guessing that's the 2.0L TFSI, which according to the schedule means i don't have to replace the plugs.. ?? Is that correct ?

VW changed it from 60k in the earlier 2.0Ts to 40k in the newer TSI's. I would recommend changing it at 40k, I changed mine at 50k and they were horrible ...and I have the same TFSI motor as you.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
VW changed it from 60k in the earlier 2.0Ts to 40k in the newer TSI's. I would recommend changing it at 40k, I changed mine at 50k and they were horrible ...and I have the same TFSI motor as you.

Thanks man ! :wink:

Got any tips on how to remove the engine cover plate or whatever you wanna call it? So I can get to the coil packs. I didn't see anything obvious.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Basically just yank up at the corners. It will feel like you're going to break it, but you won't. Just make sure that the rubber washers are still there after you pull it off, so you can set them in place before you put the cover back on.

http://oooo-a3.blogspot.com/2007/01/plugs-and-coils-replacement.html

Here's a nice diagram of where to pull up on the cover.

Excellent thanks for that ! I didn't see anything and to start pulling would have just ended in misery as things started to snap !