GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maintenance Schedule for the GTI 2.0 (scans from the manual)

webdes03

Ready to race!
if anyone can help me out. this has never happened to any vw i've owned before.. while driving, parked, off, idling or any time on my display my hood light is on, the hood is closed! but the light is still on. as i go over small bumps/potholes, the light toggles on/off. we've just had tons of snow in the chicago area and while the hood light is on i can't use the wipers.. fun time driving.. the other really bothersome thing is while the car is in park/in the driveway the alarm will go off because it thinks someone is prob. trying to get in. is this a fuse or am i SOL? let me know, thanks

If it's going on and off when you hit bumps I would assume it's the sensor that detects if the hood is closed. Not sure where it's located, but that would be what I'd look for first. I would imagine if it was a fuse you'd have more things acting up as I doubt the hood sensor has its own fuse.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
if i dont need a service at 15K why is my car telling me it does?

x2

My car MFD just started reminding me I need service in like 400 miles for 15k :mad:
My manual and my dealer both say every 10k from now on... does this mean I'm gonna have to take my car in just to have the MFD reset??? Is it a good idea to service every 5k anyway...?

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
lame. what i see for my next service (30k) i can do myself. well im too lazy to get my oil changed so just probably that. everything else i can basically do myself right?

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
why is everyone talking about replacing the pollen filter for the 20k, the manual specifies that only Canada needs that done at 20k... i am confused.

i guess the bottom line here is, i need to go to the dealer and ask for an itemized 20k service sheet, this way i can cut out everything that i can do myself... but still the question remains, how in the world will i keep my warranty if i do it all myself?

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
x2

My car MFD just started reminding me I need service in like 400 miles for 15k :mad:
My manual and my dealer both say every 10k from now on... does this mean I'm gonna have to take my car in just to have the MFD reset??? Is it a good idea to service every 5k anyway...?

you should change your oil every 5k even though the service points are every 10k.

interesting- my dealer wants to charge $85 dollars extra to change the wheels around at the 2 year service.........i've only done 20k's

robbing b'st.ds.......

wow, $85 for a tire rotation?! ok, i will be doing most of this service myself. i cannot stand just giving my money away.

leegf

(OO=[][]=OO)
x2

you should change your oil every 5k even though the service points are every 10k.

someone please confirm this? car has 14431 miles, mfd is now saying to service the car in 300 miles, which i found weird (given that there is no 15k scheduled maintenance).

AntnysGTI

15K Service?

someone please confirm this? car has 14431 miles, mfd is now saying to service the car in 300 miles, which i found weird (given that there is no 15k scheduled maintenance).

Same thing is happening to me. Car just hit 15K and is telling me to service in 100 miles or 29 days. Last oil change was at 10K last January (Yes I only drove 5K in a year :smile: ). Any advice?

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
if you buy an 09 the 5, 10, 20, and 30k services are free :p .....and at the 5k, they just "check" fluids and other stupid lil shit.

CWMKV06

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 CW GTI 2dr
If you do the services yourself, how do you get the service now indicator turned off? Do i really have to go down to the dealer? and will they just reset it?

WickedLou9

I'm a geek
Car(s)
2008 GTI
why is everyone talking about replacing the pollen filter for the 20k, the manual specifies that only Canada needs that done at 20k... i am confused.

i guess the bottom line here is, i need to go to the dealer and ask for an itemized 20k service sheet, this way i can cut out everything that i can do myself... but still the question remains, how in the world will i keep my warranty if i do it all myself?

Record that you changed your oil, rotated your tires, etc. Include the date and milage. Include recipets from the oil and filters that you bought. They can't void your warranty if you do your own maintenace and provide records.