GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Luk DSG DMF Flywheel

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
Just wondering if anyone has had one of the Luk DMF's installed and if they are satisfied with it. I am considering ordering one due to rough idle, rough shifting, and the lovely marble/rock in a can sound. :paddle:

Last edited:

TSiUG

sleeper...
Semi high horsepower DSG owner here and I have never heard of Luk before. I have had my mech unit replaced twice under warranty, along with my clutch packs once. I suppose the only part of my tranny I havent had replaced is my DMF.

Sounds to me like u just need a new mech unit IMO.

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
Semi high horsepower DSG owner here and I have never heard of Luk before. I have had my mech unit replaced twice under warranty, along with my clutch packs once. I suppose the only part of my tranny I havent had replaced is my DMF.

Sounds to me like u just need a new mech unit IMO.

Thanks for the reply. I have already replaced the trasmission due to the "expertise" of one of the genius' out here and did not resolve the issue with the rough shifting, and the marble in a can sound. I have seen many posts about changing out their DMF's due to these issues and they had no issues afterwards. I just want to know if anyone has used LUK brand DMF's and how they are fairing.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
LuK is an OEM supplier for VW. With the 6spd's, it's a 50/50 that you'll have a SACHS or LuK setup in the car

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
lol @ k04 being labeled as high horsepower DSG

TSiUG

sleeper...
Ehh fuck you guys. Show me a slip of any of your cars pulling better than 12.38 :p

And I DID say semi bitches...

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
lol @ semi

Jk :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Ehh fuck you guys. Show me a slip of any of your cars pulling better than 12.38 :p

And I DID say semi bitches...

:biggrin: give me some drag radials and I'll show you!

TSiUG

sleeper...

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I definitely won't be able to do it on street tires, come on you should know that. You yourself have Pilot Super Sports....:iono:

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
Thanks guys for the replies. I will keep in mind that LUK is an OEM supplier.

The marble in a can sound is the DMF rattling as the plates are knocking around on each other while the car is running. This is due to the springs in the DMF loosening and giving too much play. I replaced my transmission due to the sound coming from the gearbox and did not know about the issue with the DMFs coming apart. Needless to say, I still have the same noise.

When these DMFs start going bad, the sound can be heard when the car is in "P" or "N" as the DMF is not engaged. When in "D" or "S", the sound goes away.

If I have time this weekend, I will post a video or sound clip of the noise. There are many of these videos on youtube.

fierce bad

Ready to race!
I used a Luk DMF flywheel on my 98 passat when the original wore out about 140,000 miles. Chipped 1.8t engine with a 5 speed manual transmission. Not exactly your situation, but no problems with it over the past 50k miles.