GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low fuel pressure

PaulGTI

Get Ticket Instantly
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI 07
today i checked my cam follower, it was ok i took a picture of it i will upload it later, i changed anyway
my low pressure on the block 103 doesn't exceed 4.13 at idle and drops when reving ...
i checked the voltage and its ok, i tryed with another module and its still the same 4.13 at idle ... the same module on my friend's gti is 4.5 bar at idle which is very good
i will change the fuel filter again and if its because of it im gonna slit my wrist for changing the pump and the cam follower for nothing :))

LE: found the problem ... the fuel filter was for 3 bar, swapped it with the one with 6.6 and everything is fine now !!! thanks guys for all the advices

Last edited:

UG_GTI

VW Doktor
I think he got the wrong fuel filter from the parts counter. Its a pretty common mistake, they look identical. The only difference is the pressure stamps on them.

PaulGTI

Get Ticket Instantly
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI 07
thanks ug_gti :)
yeah i bought the wrong filter cause the parts software showed 3 filters 3 bar, 4 bar and 6.6bar and the guy there gave me the 3 bar filter and i didn't check the pressure stamp (yes i know i am a big fool)

@ratchet i gave up on the vw dealer in my city after i went one time with 3 problems to them , the low pressure sensor on the hpfp which they solved, tyre pressure sensor error which they said they cannot do anything ?!?!?! and an airbag fault on the passenger side which again they didn't fix ... and of course after i went to change the solenoids because i had a recall and after 4 hours in there they changed 2 of them with wrong ones , i left and after 10minutes of driving the car went crazy, went back with only first and second gear at max 20km/h , its a good thing i didnt get very far

PaulGTI

Get Ticket Instantly
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI 07
Hey guys, i did my first dyno this weekend and here are the results :)

Attachments

• Golf 5 at the engine2.jpg
    Golf 5 at the engine2.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 6,143
  • Golf 5 at the wheels2.jpg
    Golf 5 at the wheels2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6,116

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
I checked mine and its around 4.5 all the time.
New 6.6 bar filter installed.

red.07.gti

Another good test I read today was to checked voltage a pins 1 and 5 at the pump after module. 5v is a good reading at idle, no load. If lower, the module is most likely bad. If higher the pump/filter is not putting out enough pressure.
Has anyone bothered to try his? I did and was getting between 6-8v at idle and I'm having the fuel cut issue. At first it was sporadic, only seemed to happen when extremely hot out. But now engine won't rev above 3-3.5k under load. When under non-load the engine will rev higher but not easily, even then it will sputter.

Natesthe!

Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Hi Guys,
Can someone PLEASE Help?

I had this issue last year sept so will recap what I done to date and why I need help.
I have a Mk5, GTI, 07' DSG. Problem started about 98000kms. currently on 106000kms.

Car started stalling and loosing power and would cut out eventually. Fast forward to diagnosing and fixing:
Changed the Low pressure fuel pump, fuel filter (6.6), fuel module.
The problem went away - but could never get the engine light to stay off - the code was "low pressure fuel regulator" - but I cant recall the exact code (i know this might not help)
The car has been in limp mode ever since, (not being able to rev over 4000rpm) but with no loss of power and drives normally.

The problem just came back today and immediately cut off like the above replacements were never done.

I don't believe the HPFP is the issue, cause we tested it by tapping the Schrader valve located on the pump housing while the car was on, and its pushing fuel out as it should (I think)

i am lost, - dont have the cash to pay $$$$$ to get a mach to fix now, but was hoping to hear what other thoughts you guys could have?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Hi Guys,
Can someone PLEASE Help?

I had this issue last year sept so will recap what I done to date and why I need help.
I have a Mk5, GTI, 07' DSG. Problem started about 98000kms. currently on 106000kms.

Car started stalling and loosing power and would cut out eventually. Fast forward to diagnosing and fixing:
Changed the Low pressure fuel pump, fuel filter (6.6), fuel module.
The problem went away - but could never get the engine light to stay off - the code was "low pressure fuel regulator" - but I cant recall the exact code (i know this might not help)
The car has been in limp mode ever since, (not being able to rev over 4000rpm) but with no loss of power and drives normally.

The problem just came back today and immediately cut off like the above replacements were never done.

I don't believe the HPFP is the issue, cause we tested it by tapping the Schrader valve located on the pump housing while the car was on, and its pushing fuel out as it should (I think)

i am lost, - dont have the cash to pay $$$$$ to get a mach to fix now, but was hoping to hear what other thoughts you guys could have?
Not sure if you are still dealing with this issue. But that didn't seem like much of a diagnosis.

Right, it doesn't help without seeing the exact codes. I must wonder why low pressure side of fueling bits were replaced when "low pressure fuel regulator" points to nothing. As there is no VAG code with this terminology. There is; "PP301B: Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification" and "P2293: Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction==Symptom: Fuel Pressure too Low." With a P301B fault code, and for having replaced the tank-pump and filter, it most likely needs a G410-low fuel pressure sensor. This is mounted on the side of the HPFP; http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/P310B/012555

Pressing the HPFP bleed valve...tells you what? Just because fuel pressure was relieved and fuel may have come out means nothing. It doesn't mean the HPFP is OK. Properly diagnosing it works best...hopefully you can find someone capable of doing so.