GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low Boost

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Hey guys, so i've been noticing my boost has been peaking at 17 holding 16 with my unitronic stage 2 tune. The power is noticeably down from last year when it was peaking 21-22 holding 20. I got my 40k oil filter change yesterday and my intake manifold replaced last month. What could be wrong? Also, what does none tuned gti's hold and peak at? I feel like the tune was turned off from the dealer. Thanks for any help.

jad413

Ready to race!
It's cold out. Doesn't need as much boost to hit target torque. 17 peak is still way higher than stock at these temps. I'm on DM stage 2 and getting right around the same boost.

Sent from my iPhone

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
It's cold out. Doesn't need as much boost to hit target torque. 17 peak is still way higher than stock at these temps. I'm on DM stage 2 and getting right around the same boost.

Sent from my iPhone

hmm, okay true. thanks man

jad413

Ready to race!
It's been dipping into the teens here lately I'm lucky to pull 15psi when it's this cold. I actually used to hit higher numbers on stage 1 last winter but having a downpipe seems to make a big difference in how much boost is needed.

Sent from my iPhone

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
It's been dipping into the teens here lately I'm lucky to pull 15psi when it's this cold. I actually used to hit higher numbers on stage 1 last winter but having a downpipe seems to make a big difference in how much boost is needed.

Sent from my iPhone

Got yah. I wish I remembered what my boost was at last winter. Just hope its back peaking normal 20's in the summer.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Needle is in the middle. I suppose Jad413 is right. The cold weather may not allow the turbo to spool as well in the warmer weather even if the car is properly warmed up.

Edit:
Off

On

Is there a kink in the hose? Or is there a way to adjust the needle on the back of the gauge.

Last edited:

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Updated post

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Fixed the needle. Had to unplug the passanger air bag to reach the back of the gauge. Air bag fault code is on now. Do I have to get it reset or will it automatically reset after a few miles

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Nice...thanks for that vid. I have the same gauge and it has always read a little low. Kinda wondered how to adjust it.

NewSouth gauge in the vent pod is a great upgrade, though. Matches the interior perfectly and still keeps the vent flow usable.