GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Lost keys

wale

dude never mind about that.. i got the phone out, but it was too late.. i tried to get the key, but it sunk, so there was nothing i could do..

attheline

dubbin it
Ride
07 MKV GTI
sux man, does your spare set of keys not have the remote? might have to go to the dealership to get another set, theyll probably charge you though

wale

i have 1 more remote spare, but like tonight, accidents can happen... i just want to know if ne1 here has had to order new extra keys...

mikegabriel

Banned
Ride
2008 GTI MKV
Believe they are ordered straight from Germany as well with your VIN and when you get them you have to go to your dealer to get it programmed. Hard to say if they will charge you for that too. But yeah... Expensive.

chunkisagoonie

VW Lifer
Ride
'97 Golf Jazz
Your factory key set came with a little plastic tag that has a unique number on it. That's your key code. You have to give your dealer the code and prepare for rape...

binky

Ready to race!
Ride
06 Mazda MX-5
Hmm. I'm pretty sure most dealers don't issue new keys. They outsource to locksmiths. Call a few of the big ones around your area, we have on in SF called lockworld that does our keys most of the time. It's still pricey, but less than 200 I believe over here.

spacewalker

2015 can be difficult to make, depend of SW in cluster
The questions is - you want to make a COPY of your current KEY or make a another one