GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lost all boost on a heavy pull

Balf

Hello all. I have a 2015 GTI Unitronic Stage 1+.

A few days ago I did a pull on the highway and toward the top of 4th lost all boost. There were no lights or anything. I got home and turned the car off, let it sit and went back out and it felt fine again.

Went out for another drive today and I just don't know if it feels the same as it did before. I don't notice any difference in sound and its not rough at all. Could be in my head but I'll be the first to admit I'm decently mechanically inclined but when it comes to engines I just don't know all that much at all.

Anyone have any ideas what might've happened? Did I blow a intercooler hose or the DV?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
noone can tell what pipe you blew or if you even blew a pipe. Check all pipes for a boost leak, could be charge pipe, intercooler pipe, then check DV or something like that. You could have maybe overboosted and it sent the car into limp mode? I don't have uni but maybe that is the case like you went over x psi so it turns the tune off idn, turns back on after you restart the car.

Balf

or your DV could have dumped all the boost and you lose power.
Could the DV just dump boost once as a glitch and still be functional? From research it doesn't seem like my DV is completely gone at the very least as I still do have boost.

Redmk7gti16

Ready to race!
At full boost your boost gauge will not hold PSI for long it will drop pretty fast. You will throw a code most of the time as well.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
At full boost your boost gauge will not hold PSI for long it will drop pretty fast. You will throw a code most of the time as well.

interesting. i wonder what issue OP and I are having then. because what happens is I push the gas down and there is no power, feels like a boost leak or something, but then when I let off and then get back on it everything works fine

Nitro

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Hello all. I have a 2015 GTI Unitronic Stage 1+.

A few days ago I did a pull on the highway and toward the top of 4th lost all boost. There were no lights or anything. I got home and turned the car off, let it sit and went back out and it felt fine again.

Went out for another drive today and I just don't know if it feels the same as it did before. I don't notice any difference in sound and its not rough at all. Could be in my head but I'll be the first to admit I'm decently mechanically inclined but when it comes to engines I just don't know all that much at all.

Anyone have any ideas what might've happened? Did I blow a intercooler hose or the DV?
Did you ever figure this issue out? My MK7 does the same thing?