GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to sell my wife's 2008 GTi and a few quesitons

RAudi Driver

unpimp it!
just wondering what these things are worth?

Her's is a 2008, 4 door, United Gray, DSG, with 90k on the odo. It's got every single option available on the for that year. It's a fully loaded, leather, navi, etc..., no accidents and original paint.

Non smoking female driven but maintained by insane husband with a penchant for German cars. Revo tuned and that's about it.

What can I realistically expect to get for this car?

thanks

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Probably around 11K

big_nebrowski

Ready to race!
Not as much as you would probably hope :-/ I find it best to find comparable listings on craigslist/autotrader.

My coworker has a 2011 passat wagon with 40k miles, all stock. Carmax offered him 8k. Ouch.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dealers will always be lower. FSI or TSI? I'd say maybe 10k private sale if you have the service history.

RAudi Driver

unpimp it!
Well, the car is gone and went to Carmax.

I see other members looking for GTi's and I'm saddened that one of you guys didn't get this car. It was perfect in every way, shape and form. Fully, fully, fully loaded and never any paint or body work. Brand new tires and brand new OEM rotors and pads.

Car went to Carmax for a measly $8,500.

On the bright side, snatched up a new sport bodied Q7.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
CIA model, nice! Love that look.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Someone will get your sweet car from carmax and probably join this forum.

RAudi Driver

unpimp it!
^ They will and will pay over 14k for it. That's where everyone loses and Carmax wins. Time is money for me and I can recoup those few thousand in a day or two. I really wish a member could have taken the car. It was the best car in the classifieds as far as an original car goes.