GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for help: No boost. I have Logs

vagike

Looking for help: No boost. I have Logs [RESOLVED?]

So my car is not boosting again, and it seems to be doing it more often now that Edmonton is dipping into the single digits for temperature.

I kept my laptop in my car this time, so i have a couple logs to post and an auto-scan. I just walk in the door from fire training + highway driving, and haven't look at the logs myself.

They are on my skydrive ----> HERE

Last edited:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Dude, I'm only halfway through that autoscan, and you've got a LOT going on there.

Hunch question... how old's your battery? Cold weather's when you'll see `em fail, and our cars are spectacularly badly behaved when the battery is weak...

vagike

Some of the stuff in the autoscan is from the coding for LEd tails, flash2pass, eurospec goodies plus I put a Mk6 HVAC control head unit in my car.

Battery is original.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well, identify what you know isn't related, so we don't go chasing gooses. And for a cold climate like Edmonton, your battery could definitely be due.

vagike

The story today with the car is I had full boost went I left Vermillion, Alberta. 45min into the trip when I try to pass someone.... 2psi boost as per the ECU.

Didn't slap the vag-com on til I got to Edmonton city limits.

vagike

Well, identify what you know isn't related, so we don't go chasing gooses. And for a cold climate like Edmonton, your battery could definitely be due.

I know I know.... but the when I look at the logs the car seems to specify the 'lack' in boost.

vagike

WOW The ecu kept alot of the codes from when i swapped the MK6 climatronic in @ ~102000kms. The car is now at 122000kms

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well... I don't normally run logs like this, so I'm really not sure what to read from all the chaos. Misfires under no load? A lambda of 1.99?

Dude, I don't even know where to start. :frown:

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Do you have a blinking cel?

When you do a log, try to do a 2k rpm to redline pull in 3rd gear. That's all the data you need. It's hard to sort through it when it is huge like this.

vagike

Well... I don't normally run logs like this, so I'm really not sure what to read from all the chaos. Misfires under no load? A lambda of 1.99?

Dude, I don't even know where to start. :frown:

I am getting my battery bench tested after work. That fish-eye on the battery is dark, so there may be a chance the battery is on it's way out.

vagike

aside from my shitty logs... those will be changed when I am off work

if my ECU is requesting less boost, with no CEL, no misfire counts, what some of the sensors that wear out? I replaced B1 S1 oxygen sensor, 'cause it actually posted a no signal code. The factory DV is blocked off.

The car usually make full boost right off the hop; after starting the car. But once I'm on the road for a bit the car makes little to no boost.

Taking with a few buddies that own or owned mk4s, a couple of them had similar symptoms and it ended up being the battery.

My appologies if my frustration makes it on the forums. This has been and ongoing issue for months, and this is all a learning curve for me because my last car was OBD1 and not even a VW.

vagike

The OEM Battery tested with 390CCA and 0.1 amp hour reserve.... so new battery.

Put the new battery in and filled up with 94, but the car is still running weird. I may burn through this tank of gas and go to 91 octane.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Has all the bad behaviour been on the same tank of gas? If so, yeah... burn through it. Maybe throw some gas line antifreeze in there to neutralize any water that might be in there. Possibly check with the station you bought it at to see if there have been any other people complaining of issues.