GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a mechanic

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
How do I find mechanics or vendors in my area....google is worthless in this case. I am looking to buy stuff local but can not. In case you want to help Ashburn,Va 20147

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
first of all, what exactly do you need or are you looking for? there are all kinds of mechanics and vendors so be more specific. after that i can help you

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Umm some place to buy performance/design parts....then somewhere to get them put on....pretty general just looking for one of each of them.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
moved

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
Hey do you know anything about Brown's VW or VW Broad St. in Richmond?

browns mechanics are idiots. they have messed up so much that im surprised they are in business.

west broad the only problems i have heard of is they tend to not get your car back to you when they say they do

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
Umm some place to buy performance/design parts....then somewhere to get them put on....pretty general just looking for one of each of them.

theres not too many places i really know of in central VA. Bug Haus is some really cool guys but they work on more older VW's. never hurt to try them. theyre in richmond.

as far as parts, i order all mine off the internet since its the easiest way to get them. also install all my parts as well

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Your up in exton...my in-laws are from there... But back to topic I live in an apt and they wont allow you to work on your car...I can do intake and simple stuff like that but anything further I cant or dont know how. I am in Northern VA if that helps

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
Car(s)
2007 GTI
well first off let me say bump for another mkv in ashburn!

second your best bet would be to order parts online[ I.E NGP Racing, any of the site sponsors here & on vwvortex] and there are quite a few vw shops in the area such as again NGP racing, Induktion motorsports in MD, etc, you could also try lindsay vw and talk to robbie[the head service advisor, dubber and a cool guy.]

and as far as working on your car goes..whhich apartment complex in ashburn are you in? i probbaly dont live to far away from you but there are a ton on local dubbers[try the regional forums[capital area] on vwvortex and see who would be willing to turn some wrenches, etc.

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Camden Ashburn Farms..I will call robbie (what should I say when he answers) and I was trying to avoid having to pay shipping ....lol

Last edited:

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Well I have no clue where that is but "ah no shit dude" lol...Any suggestions in here for what kind of chip if the car is still under warranty...

New forum guy question: What the F**k does "bump," mean in here?

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Well I have no clue where that is but "ah no shit dude" lol...Any suggestions in here for what kind of chip if the car is still under warranty...

New forum guy question: What the F**k does "bump," mean in here?

bump refers to bringing a topic to the top of the page so it gets mroe views/responses

and im assuming you live in the camden apartments right next to the inova office/ shopping center across the street, if so then my girlfriend lives off of wintergrove street which is one more street down if your heading towards stone bridge highschool or the library :thumbup:

also if you want to get chipped but still have warranty issues i know there are some companies[like revo/apr] that not only offer the chip w/ programming but also a module that lets you convert your chip back to stock programming..like I said I know revo/apr make the aformentioned items..your best bet would be to go to the engine sub forums and aska round as im sure PLENTY of people will chime in with their experience!

VRmk3tomk5

mk5's are gay
Car(s)
99 B5 passat wagon
My buddy has a shop off of backlick rd coming from braddock.

He does all my installs on my MK5 gti

LMK if you need his #, he wont charge you a whole lot either

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I have NO idea where that is..but could be really useful...lol