• IMG_20110803_101327.jpg
    IMG_20110803_101327.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_20110803_101348.jpg
    IMG_20110803_101348.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 159

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
I am definitely looking forward to the Abarth and will probably end up selling my 09 GTI for one. Laugh at it all you guys want, I bet you it will be more fun to drive than a GTI.

GrisTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
my girl has one. only thing is that car is to small for me. i am 2 meters and my head is dangerously close to the cieling. but it drives like an go-kart.

UKGTI1

Ready to race!
I am definitely looking forward to the Abarth and will probably end up selling my 09 GTI for one. Laugh at it all you guys want, I bet you it will be more fun to drive than a GTI.

I think you are getting a bit carried away there, surely!!!

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
I want that abarth...

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion

All the reviews that I have read would point to the contrary... the car is underpowered and doesn't handle that well. Basically the main thing I have heard is that both versions are boring to drive and the main criticism has been that for a car with so much character (design) it should have more character (handling, engine, etc..).

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
I think you are getting a bit carried away there, surely!!!

No, I'm not kidding. Smaller car = more fun to drive. As to the comments about it being underpowered, the Abarth has almost the same power to weight ratio as the GTI (I just calculated that both are about 16 lbs per hp). And that's just for the existing Abarth sold elsewhere. There's a good amount of information that a U.S. version of the Abarth would receive a power bump, probably putting it ahead of the GTI in terms of power to weight.

Anyways, most people know that with small cars like the Abarth, it's not about straight line performance. As for reviews about handling not being so great, I'll wait for the U.S. version reviews to see about that. A pretty much universal theme with cars is that smaller cars handle better. It might not be getting glowing handling reviews because of a mushy suspension, something that could easily be fixed by tightening up the U.S. version. I fully expect go kart like handling from a car that is almost Lotus light.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 Mk6 Golf
A friend of mine just got a 500, apparently you can only buy the Abarth here if you trade in another 500 for it?? Not sure if thats true or just the dealer talking