GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long time reader first time poster

karl87

Ready to race!
Hey guys. Ive been a lurker on these forums for quite some time now. I like to read the vs section allot just for entertainment. Ive decided to post here since im not sure where else to post. Im going to link to some youtube videos. Ive got me vs an R6. As well as my top speed videos both 168mph pre water meth and fuel pump and 178mph afterwords a few years later. Ive been twice to Iraq as a member of the 82nd Airborne division which has funded my car. Im now out and work as a tech at a ford dealership. Id love to here your comments to the videos. Ive corrected my speedo as much as possible via vag-com and confirmed with gps a 3mph difference at 140mph. So my true top speeds may be 5-6 mph slower than shown on the speedo. Still quite impressive for stock turbo imo. Software is Revo btw.

Current top speed (I know the music kills it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5C19OQ4KA

VS R6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEBwbtSebvA

Old top speed base revo stgII:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmEwLrbMvL8

(Please tell me how to embed from youtube)

Last edited:

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
hope you have some properly rated tires...

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
nice first post.

karl87

Ready to race!
Thanks, I got tired of just reading and no one ever posting videos to back up their claims. So I decided Id give you guys something to talk about instead of argue whether or not it happened lol. My gti has always for whatever reason been faster than most other, well so far all others with comparable mods. Ive always been able to put quite a few cars on other stg2+ mkv's and have been able to pull on 2 of the k04 mkv's ive raced. The exeption being one k04 who was running w/m and according to him a "custom" tune. Which I dont know what company was responsible for said tune. That video is one that ill post here too. We got chased by the police which you can barly make out on the right hand side just below the overpass is the officer lighting us up and pulling behind us. All vw's got away the only car caught was the srt-4 camera car. The K04 is on the left brake boosing, I am on the right not sure when to go because I could not here him honking so I may have been even with him for all that I know. Right behind us is his wife in a mkv r32, well behind at the start and then very very far behind at the end. And the camera car is an srt-4 with a gt-3071r.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kULmNoIUl0

TSiUG

sleeper...
Thanks, I got tired of just reading and no one ever posting videos to back up their claims. So I decided Id give you guys something to talk about instead of argue whether or not it happened lol. My gti has always for whatever reason been faster than most other, well so far all others with comparable mods. Ive always been able to put quite a few cars on other stg2+ mkv's and have been able to pull on 2 of the k04 mkv's ive raced. The exeption being one k04 who was running w/m and according to him a "custom" tune. Which I dont know what company was responsible for said tune. That video is one that ill post here too. We got chased by the police which you can barly make out on the right hand side just below the overpass is the officer lighting us up and pulling behind us. All vw's got away the only car caught was the srt-4 camera car. The K04 is on the left brake boosing, I am on the right not sure when to go because I could not here him honking so I may have been even with him for all that I know. Right behind us is his wife in a mkv r32, well behind at the start and then very very far behind at the end. And the camera car is an srt-4 with a gt-3071r.

Pulling on k04 MKVs huh...??? What the hell mods do you have on your car to be pulling k04 MKVs unless its like a 20-40 roll?

DejaVu

Ready to race!
I wouldn't post anything like that on the web. If a police officer recognizes the roads you were on and can see your speedo then the video can be used as evidence. It recently happened and was discussed on this forum.

karl87

Ready to race!
Mods: Forge Twintercooler, evoms intake, awe dv, bsh catch-can, full bsh mounts, kmd pump internals, bsh tb pipe, devils own w/m, revo stg2+, Ghl 3" TBE with deleted cat, k-sport coils, m2mb wot box, pluged noise pipe, adams rotors, ebs redstuff pads. Im pretty sure thats the list, If I forgot something ill add it in an edit. I really dont want this to be a your full of shit thread so resist the urge. The ko4 runs where apr cars aside from the guy in the video who would not state his tune. At the time I was in north carolina running 93 octane. Now im in Idaho running 92. Revo settings are T6 B8 F8. Yes I log with Vag-com and am pulling almost no timing so I dont just plug in big numbers and go. And the tires where hankook ventus evo v12's which Im pretty sure are rated to 180 or more. Runs with the apr ko4 cars where done multiple times from 60-??

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI

lol, nice hiding spot on the cop's part. seen quite a few hiding in similar areas near my parent's house.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Mods: Forge Twintercooler, evoms intake, awe dv, bsh catch-can, full bsh mounts, kmd pump internals, bsh tb pipe, devils own w/m, revo stg2+, Ghl 3" TBE with deleted cat, k-sport coils, m2mb wot box, pluged noise pipe, adams rotors, ebs redstuff pads. Im pretty sure thats the list, If I forgot something ill add it in an edit. I really dont want this to be a your full of shit thread so resist the urge. The ko4 runs where apr cars aside from the guy in the video who would not state his tune. At the time I was in north carolina running 93 octane. Now im in Idaho running 92. Revo settings are T6 B8 F8. Yes I log with Vag-com and am pulling almost no timing so I dont just plug in big numbers and go. And the tires where hankook ventus evo v12's which Im pretty sure are rated to 180 or more. Runs with the apr ko4 cars where done multiple times from 60-??

tell the k04 drivers to learn to drive. fastest trapping k03 is like 107... that's about where the slowest k04's start on a bad day.

karl87

Ready to race!
tell the k04 drivers to learn to drive. fastest trapping k03 is like 107... that's about where the slowest k04's start on a bad day.

Whatever you say... Everyone wants confrontation I guess. If it means anything to you, I spike 25psi and hold 21 which tapers to 17 at redline. Not sure where a ko4 compares or how long my turbo will last. This was logged on vag-com when I suspected my awe vent gauge to be inaccurate but surprisingly it was accurate. Go take your car to the highway in nevada just north of las vegas, at 80 degrees ambient temp and tell me how fast you can go, I mean why say its driver error? They knew there cars and they gave me congrats in the end, but I guess thats not the case here?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Whatever you say... Everyone wants confrontation I guess. If it means anything to you, I spike 25psi and hold 21 which tapers to 17 at redline. Not sure where a ko4 compares or how long my turbo will last. This was logged on vag-com when I suspected my awe vent gauge to be inaccurate but surprisingly it was accurate. Go take your car to the highway in nevada just north of las vegas, at 80 degrees ambient temp and tell me how fast you can go, I mean why say its driver error? They knew there cars and they gave me congrats in the end, but I guess thats not the case here?

you hold 17 psi at redline? w/o a forge wastegate actuator? i say the k04 drivers need to learn to drive because they should be putting down at least 300 whp... you'll be lucky to hit 260-270 to the wheels, and that's being really generous.

i'm not looking for confrontation, just stating the facts. you have the same car, same weight, same suspension, same aerodynamics. one should be making at least 30-40 whp more than the other. which is going to win the race? don't get me wrong, you might be an excellent driver, but i'm saying equal drivers the k04 will pull. i went up against a k04'ed car in my stage II, and i hung with him to probably 80 because i have dsg. yet, on highway pulls starting at about 60-70, he would put a good 3-4 cars on me to ~ 120.

karl87

Ready to race!
Wastegate is stock, I did adjust it based on some instructions that I found on the vortex but It did not do much, I only turned the nut 2 turns because I did not want to F anything up. I was looking at the forge unit though, not very expensive but I dont want to ruin my good luck. I don't know why my car is how it is and I dont want to do anything to take away from it.