GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long time reader first time poster

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Welcome to the forum man.

Why all the bench racing? This kid's got videos, how 'bout all of you??

i had multiple pulls against a k04 GTI in my stg II... so... yeah. even against one that was putting down 330 whp on w/m and aggressive tuning.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Go top your car out, get a video and post it. I can prove mine and Ive never seen another that fast on video. So prove me wrong. That will be top end for sure.
Hey OP, I'm not calling BS just saying that something must've gone wrong it could of been a number of factors that took part in this like I dunno.. boost leak somewhere? car not running as it should.. bad gas.. a ton of misfires.. a properly tuned K04, I mean a K04 with no issues will put out more than 300 bhp at minimum which at any given day is more than a stage 2+ K03 with w/m can make and K04's ability to maintain torque to nearly redline is unparallel to K03. I am just stating some facts here. 25.5 spike vs 25 spike, 23 hold vs 21 hold and redline torque well.. that's K04's strongest point against any K03. Where is it that K03 has an advantage? Trying to find out what I'm missing.. And you really make more than 300 bhp?

No I'm not gonna flat out my car, why would I wanna convince you either way? Our highway speed limits may be to about 95 mph but that doesn't mean I'm gonna take any risks losing my licence. But I'll tell you this, I AM gonna do it when I hit the track just gonna take a while till spring. By the way for your information, both K03 and K04 GTI's with full bolt ons have about the same top speed potential, you can take a look at tuners' websites where they mention top speed. How fast you will reach that speed as well as lower speeds than that is what makes the difference between a fast and a faster car, which you will find out on the drag strip.

Honestly dude, you could be driving the only stage 2+ on the planet that pulls on K04 cars..

karl87

Ready to race!
I am jealous that we did not have the ed30 over here to be honest. I think whats going on is that I happen to have one of the faster ko3's and the cars I raced perhaps had some of the slower ko4's. Im not claiming anything that did not happen and Im not saying that I can beat any ko4 or your ko4 or anyones k04 Im just stating what happened. Would I like to race another? YES! Will it happen? Mot likely unless I move again because Idaho has a non-existent euro scene unfortunately. You may be right I may have the only ko3 car that pulls ko4's I don't know. But that would be cool :p

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Don't worry about all the posts.:thumbdown: these guys just know facts and don't understand that anything happens on the street,:mad0259: I have pulled on cars that are supposed to rape my gti a new asshole, but in the street anything can happen. I have pulled on a stage 2 srt4's because he spun all of second and had some shitty tires. I have pulled on friends 350z's that dyno over 300rwhp because i had a 30 roll advantage. even pulled 3+ cars on a rs4 till 115mph and have rapped a dsg with more mods then me with no explanation. Now because I pulled does not mean i'm faster/make more power/or would have better times or anything like that just means I won that run. there are alot of factors that come into racing and something as simple as a leak or bad tires bad clutch etc. can make a slower car beat a faster car under the right circumstances :fighting0030:. ether way thanks for posting and the videos:thumbup: never thought we could hit those speed's....

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
I have some videos, of me I'm a basic stage 2 with less mods then you, I can post my vids but i think i stop at 120 or 140mph...wouldnt wanna :threadjacked:
but if you dont mind ill post i think you car moves alot faster than mine uptop...

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
K will be up soon..

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Don't worry about all the posts.:thumbdown: these guys just know facts and don't understand that anything happens on the street,:mad0259: I have pulled on cars that are supposed to rape my gti a new asshole, but in the street anything can happen. I have pulled on a stage 2 srt4's because he spun all of second and had some shitty tires. I have pulled on friends 350z's that dyno over 300rwhp because i had a 30 roll advantage. even pulled 3+ cars on a rs4 till 115mph and have rapped a dsg with more mods then me with no explanation. Now because I pulled does not mean i'm faster/make more power/or would have better times or anything like that just means I won that run. there are alot of factors that come into racing and something as simple as a leak or bad tires bad clutch etc. can make a slower car beat a faster car under the right circumstances :fighting0030:. ether way thanks for posting and the videos:thumbup: never thought we could hit those speed's....

thanks for summarizing everything we've already said.

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Half the guys on this section are paper racers. If two cars go head to head, one of them has a 0-60 in 6.9 and the other 6.2 then they'll call bs if you say the 6.9 won haha.

That said, fully functioning k03 bs k04, the k03 can't win after 60+

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Anything can happen on the street sure everyone knows that, this is what I said as well, boost leak, misfires, bad gas, fuel cuts.. It's just that a K03 pulling on K04 is a first to me. I've heard about stage 2 pulling on 2+ because the guy with the hpfp had issues, or a stage 1 hanging with stage 2 becuase I dunno.. shit happens. But K03 beating K04.. Anyway welcome to the forums. If it's not a problem to you I'd be interested to see a speedo acceleration of your car from say 40 roll to like 100.

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
Haha how are any of you believing a stage 2 gti went 165mph let alone going 178. Sorry dude, but you're speedometer is messed up some how up top. I know there are plenty of stage 2 or stage 2+ gti's on here. I'm sure if they are honest they can tell you that there is no way the gti can do those speeds with those mods. If the car had that long of gears to EVEN reach 178mph, I don't think with the power you are making (under 320whp probably, to be realistic, you're probably closer to 290whp at max with a stage 2 setup) you could even hit that speed due to wind resistance, drag, etc. Not trying to bust your bubble or anything, but the 2003-2004 cobra's (stock) can't even hit 180mph, and a gti is not in the league of a 03-04 cobra.

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Haha how are any of you believing a stage 2 gti went 165mph let alone going 178. Sorry dude, but you're speedometer is messed up some how up top. I know there are plenty of stage 2 or stage 2+ gti's on here. I'm sure if they are honest they can tell you that there is no way the gti can do those speeds with those mods. If the car had that long of gears to EVEN reach 178mph, I don't think with the power you are making (under 320whp probably, to be realistic, you're probably closer to 290whp at max with a stage 2 setup) you could even hit that speed due to wind resistance, drag, etc. Not trying to bust your bubble or anything, but the 2003-2004 cobra's (stock) can't even hit 180mph, and a gti is not in the league of a 03-04 cobra.

I didn't think it was possible but he's got a video so :iono:
I'll try it and let you guys know It'll take me forever to get that high if i can but i doubt it.
this is a video of my car after a meet heat soaked and running like shit but w/e you guys tell me what you think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjDSjSE72I

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw

karl87

Ready to race!

Did you not read the gps part? And sorry to burst your bubble but I have raced and beaten terminator cobras. And been beaten by them when there modded. I've raced ALLOT in NC. Nothing wrong with my speedo. Want proof? Go get our final drive ratio, our 6th gear ratio look at my tach do some easy math, feel like a fool for saying my speedos off by anything more than 6mph and apologize. Its not that hard really. Yes I'm past redline in 6th gear.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk