GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of similarities and differences between the S3 and 200HP engines

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
For comparison, I used the S3 engine (BHZ) and the Euro A3 200HP 2.0T (BWA). ETKA upd656 was used to compare the parts. Comparison is done for reference only, and you should always consult with your Audi and/or VW dealer for the latest information. This is by no means an inclusive list, as I tried to find some of the most important components only. Also, I manually compared the two, so please let me know if you find a mistake somewhere.

Some of the items that are the same between the BHZ and BWA:
Crankshaft
Intake and Exhaust Valves
Oil pump/Oil cooler
Ventilation for cylinder block including pcv and breather hoses
Water pump
Radiator
MAF
Throttle body
High pressure fuel pump
Clutch plate and pressure plate
Diverter valve (Same valve, but the S3 dv is located near the throttle body, the 200hp is located on the compressor housing)
n75

Some of the items that are different between the BHZ and BWA:
Flywheel
Connecting rods
Pistons
Timing belt kit
intake and exhaust camshafts
Fuel injectors
Turbocharger and exhaust manifold
FMIC
ECU

Look here for a list of Audi part #s

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28600

PCC

Former TDI owner
Thanks for this. It does, however, raise a question. Like, how do they work around the fueling issue if they use the same high pressure fuel pump as the 200 HP engine? With higher flow injectors, wouldn't this be an even bigger problem?

07Noside

Banned
Ventilation for cylinder block including pcv and breather hoses
They run the same stock pcv on the s3 motor. I know that it has a bigger turbo which equals more volume of air but is the psi still the same as a stock gti?

Dubber13

Fahrvergnügen
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Has anyone ever just done an engine on their GTi from their FSi to the S3 engine? It seems as if the engine has everything all of us would want to have on our Vdubs. So why not go on ahead and just make the swap lol?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
S3 isnt offered in the USA, so buying the motor, having it shipped, then paying for the swap would be terribly expensive.
Just buy the upgraded parts you need (ko4 kit)and be done.

p.s. Epic Bump FTL