GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lighting question

found

DriverFound
My 2006 Jetta has euro lighting. When I leave a turn signal on and pull the key out- that side of the car stays lit. My 2008 Rabbit does not have this feature. Anyone know if this is something that can be turned on, or how to change the long coding to toggle it on.

found

DriverFound
Sometimes I park at my parents home and have to double park and like to leave the outside lights on near the street. It is more a safety reason so that there isn't an accident.

I can leave all the lights on and take the key out but then the buzzer reminding you to turn off the lights comes on. Doing the it the euro way does not make any buzzers go off and only lights up one side of the car.

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
it can be doine via Vag-Com in Central Electronics Module.

Uncheck - Byte 17, bit 6 [Parking Light Function Inactive (USA/Canada)]and need to change instrument code to UK or EU...done via Instrument Module..then the 5th digit needs to be changed to either a "1" or a "4".

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
There are a lot of countries (particularly in southeast Asia) that require vehicles parked over night to have a street side light illuminated. I had this feature on my Subie. Switch on top of the steering column that allowed just the marker lights to be lit with minimal battery loss. You can enable this feature with Vag-com and do not need the coming home feature.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
remember that coding the instruments to euro or uk on the rabbit also changes to metric units, and afaik, there's no way to change it back to US as there is with the gti.

That's a good point. I was confused at first, but then I realized that Rabbit's don't have this. Although, isn't it an option on at least the 5 doors?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
That's a good point. I was confused at first, but then I realized that Rabbit's don't have this. Although, isn't it an option on at least the 5 doors?

i haven't heard of any rabbit owners being able to use the mfd to change it, but honestly, i don't know if it was ever an option.

found

DriverFound
Coming home feature, is that outside lighting? I think my 01 Passat wgn had that turned on.

I just would rather have the side lights stay on when I leave my turn signal up or down. Really don't understand if that will convert the car to metrics or why it would since my 06 Jetta has that feature checked on and is not displaying metric readings on the dash.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
There are a lot of countries (particularly in southeast Asia) that require vehicles parked over night to have a street side light illuminated. I had this feature on my Subie. Switch on top of the steering column that allowed just the marker lights to be lit with minimal battery loss. You can enable this feature with Vag-com and do not need the coming home feature.

wow, i always wondered what practical uses there were for that switch on our subies :thumbsup:

learn something new everyday