GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Left Front Parking Lights - no power

ckev70

07 Rabbit - 2 door
Got the error for Left Front Parking Lights. Left front side and the small one in the high beam are out. With a light tester, there was no power on either socket. I checked the light tester working properly on the right front side light. I checked all the fuses in engine bay and driver side panel.

Based on visual of the high beam, the problem could be in the harness somewhere.
Couldn't find any documentation on a fuse for the lights.

Is it pin 10 on the wiring harness for the parking lights? Else it would be a problem from the BCM?

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Yes pin 10 provides power to the small bulb in the high beam headlight that power comes from Cecm J519 Plug A pin 7, that power from A7 is also used for the front left side marker but is connected before the headlight harness plug.

ckev70

Thanks for confirming. From the D plug. No power on Pin 10 unfortunately.
I'll remove Plug A and check pin 7 on the harness for continuity to D plug pin 10. Will also check if there's any voltage from Cecm J519 A7.
Is there a different Plug A pin for the right side marker or is it using the same A7

If it's the wire, besides adding a new wire and securing it to the rest of the wire harness/bundle of wires, would there be a better option? I did see in some doc that it should be marked with YELLOW to indicate a repair.

Last edited:

ckev70

Using Light tester, there was no voltage at CECM J519 A7 pin. I was thinking of pulling the A plug but had difficulty removing Plug A while CECM J519 was still installed. Double checked A7 pin with light tester again while turning off/on headlights and noticed it had voltage for 3 seconds before tuning off. Hmm. I double check the bulb in the highbeam area and it was blown. I know it wasn't previously so i install a new bulb and presto it's ON. A7 had constant power this time. I check the side light marker and ~ 9V on the positive. Sounds good enough. Not sure what typical voltage is sourced from CECM. Same 9V from right side marker. I install ne wbulb into side marker and it immediately blows. Happened with 2 bulbs. Now can't figure out why the side light marker blows. 9V from body ground to power pin on connector. Remove the wire loom and tape where the side marker joins the other headlight wires (incase there was previous damage hidden) and no damage on wires.