GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tail light malfunction... Easy fix?

GruvDOne

Keeper of the Cheese
Car(s)
MkV GTI
So, I bought a set of Valeo OEM LED Tails and went down to OEMPL.US yesterday to have them installed.
Once they had everything hooked up, wired and coded, they called my back into the bay to check out the problem. The right outside light was working almost backwards. The LED ring was orange when the lights or brakes were applied. When the hazards or blinkers were engaged, the LED's remained orange and did not flash. However, the light in the center DID flash red.

There was another GTI there also getting his LED tails installed, and just to rule out an issue with the wiring they had done in my car, they hooked up his light to my car, and it worked exactly as it should. So by process of elimination, the tail I have has a problem.

It seems to me that there may just simply be some wiring inside the light housing that needs to be switched around; but to be honest with you, if I were to crack open the casing I would have no idea what I would be looking for.

That's where you guys come in. Is there - at best - some sort of photo or DIY for a procedure like this, or - at least - a wiring diagram for the light itself? I am scheduled to go back down to OEMPL.US and have Rich crack open the casing, but if I can save myself the drive, the time, and the money I would be very into that.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/help.

mk funf

wheel-whore
from another thread

Hooray... mine arrived yesterday, fitted last night :)
Sadly one of them was wired in reverse and indicator and park light needed the wires inside light housing swapped arond, that was not too hard but had me tricked for a while.

might be the problem?

GruvDOne

Keeper of the Cheese
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Yeah, I think it might be, I PM'ed him, but am looking to see if anyone else has had such an experience; and if so, how did they resolve it.

Thanks!