GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Led Bar Behind Grille?

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
I want to mount an led bar behind the upper or lower grille but am concerned about how it may adversely affect air flow to the radiator or intercooler. Opinions? The spare one I have off my brothers old truck measures 21 inch wide by 3 inch high by 3 inch deep.

It wont affect performance since you're only stage 1. You can find weatherproof LEDs much smaller than 3x3x21 unless it's a marquee which would be even more dumb looking

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Not for looks but for more light when I drive on secondary highways at night. The university I'm attending is 3 hours away from my house and its only 4 days a week so I leave for there Sunday night and come back Thursday night. Which is slot of driving all at night...not because Honda lol. This is what I'm talking about

Attachments

• Powerful_120W_LED_bar_light_for_offroad_UTV_ATV~2.jpg
    Powerful_120W_LED_bar_light_for_offroad_UTV_ATV~2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,340

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Thats a light bar usually used for offroad trucks. Those things put out A LOT of light

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
This thread makes a bit more sense now. Though I've never had any problems with the stock HID light output and I used to live waaaay out from civilization.

Glad it wasn't this:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would just install higher Kevin headlight and fog light bulbs. Adding that light bar might affect your CANBUS.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Is it seriously not cheaper to just live at your school? 4 hours of driving on the highway 4 times a week is a ton of gas.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Well its 3 hours a week and I drive it 2 a week, and yeah it probably wood but Rez is full because I applied to late :frown: so other that living off campus which is expensive as f#*% also just thought it would be cool but .... It seems no is the general response :yikes:

das_fast

Blaine Likes Men
i retract LOL HONDA and now say, LOL CANADA

but srsly, drove through canada and you are absolutely correct OP, something like that is truly needed. could not believe how dark it got there

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Aren't those offroad use only? I think it's very cool but very illegal.

Chumleepro3

Baller on a budget
Car(s)
2007 GTI
No its definitely not illegal here, it seems like every truck here has one to go along with their lift

Alex08T

Ready to race!
I do quite a bit of lighting work and have installed amber strobes on my GTI for weather chasing work. For what you want I would say your best bet would be an interior light bar at the top of your windshield. You would want a plastic flash back shield under it as well so it doesn't reflect back into the cabin. Behind the grille would probably diminish the power slightly and wouldn't give as good an angle as top of the windshield.