GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leak / maybe transmission leak?

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my rear main seal and clutch done last year - also the valve cover / cam bridge cover. That said, I am starting to see fluid on the right side of the engine - near the shifter linkage / below the battery and intake. Nothing leaking that is hitting the ground at all, but just grime / moisture.

chorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
near the shifter linkage meaning moisture on the top of the transmission? coolant maybe? seems like there are a couple lines over there.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I would just clean that area really good and then keep on eye on it for the next few drives and see where it might be coming from. Happy hunting.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah - I need to pull the intake and battery out this weekend and give it a good cleaning. Likely coolant hoses...I hope. Might as well replace all the hoses while I am down there. Everything plastic is starting to get brittle on this car - hoses, wires, plugs, etc.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Turns out it is the Vacuum Pump gasket. Slow leak - and the mechanic couldn’t buy a gasket separately from the whole pump on time to finish before the holiday. Bummer - means I’ve got a slow leak to contend with until I can get back down there.