DeepBlue

Ready to race!
GTI's.jpeg

Last edited:

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
"The King is dead, long live the King?" Just for reference, the King is on the right and the Knave is on the left...nes pas? ?

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
Glad I managed to snap this as I was picking up my new GTI and dropping off the old one. Will definitely miss my Mk5, since I had it for 11(!!!) years. Never imagined that I will own one car for that long, or to be quite frank... that a VW can last (trouble free) for that long.

Didn't think that I would get another GTI, mainly because the requirements changed quite a bit. But things kind of worked out timing and deal wise. Plus, it feels like a continuation of the line... :) Eh, old GTI still looks good after all this time.

Last edited:

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
Well congrats.

Details on the new car?
(trim? year?)

Thanks Guys.

2019 SE. Only 2 options available really, DCC/Fender and DSG. I must say, so far, I'm pretty impressed. Lots of improvements over the Mk5. Plenty of power on demand. Car feels just as nimble and much more planted. DSG is smoother and overall way better behaved. The seats, which I've been fighting with for as long as I've had my Mk5, are a lot more comfortable. The bottom cushion seems to be longer which may explain that and so far I managed 37 mpg on highway without trying. Tons of tech, which I mostly don't care about but the android auto/apple carplay is VERY nice. I must say... I'm going to need that as standard equipment moving forward. Would be great if it could connect to phone wirelessly. But otherwise, its pretty amazing.

Last edited: