GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Le Mans 2019

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
The 24 Hours of Le Mans race will be held June 15th and 16th 2019. I think that Motortrend TV will telecast it live on cable in the U.S., but if so, their website is keeping it a tightly guarded secret.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to watch it live on cable TV? :confused: Thanks.

LurpyGeek

Passed Driver's Ed
It is a continuing tradition that the various racing organizations and sponsors make it as difficult as possible to watch. Endurance racing is one of the few sporting events that you can't be a casual fan of. You have to actively work to watch it or you will never see it.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah I heard about MotorTrend but maybe it will be on FS1 again this year.
But I don't think anything has been officially announced.
Not that I'm aware of at least.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
MotortrendTV bangs the drum on its $15/Mo. streaming service a thousand times a day with ads on its TV channel. Perhaps they're purposely keeping the general Le Mans TV telecast availability under wraps in hope that viewers instead pay for streaming.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion

Yay! Thank you ashchuckton -- your link confirms that MototrendTV will telecast the entire race, with coverage beginning at 8 AM Saturday (06/15/19) and ending at 9:30 AM Sunday (06/16/2019) Eastern Time (USA). Actual race runs from 9 AM to 9 AM Eastern.

We usually DVR the race, concentrating mostly on the colorful spectacle of the night time racing. Being VW fans, I must admit though that when Audi and Porsche quit the LMP1 class, we lost a measure of enthusiasm for the race.

However, Porsche is fielding four 911 RSRs in the GTE Pro class. Unfortunately, I don't think our favorite (and winning) retro "Pink Pig" will reappear.

Last edited:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I have always rooted for the door slammers. The prototypes are neat, but after Audi pulled out I lost my enthusiasm for them. Those being hybrids now do nothing for me.

Enjoy the race. :)