GOLFMKV

Lack of traction "off-the-line"

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I currently have the item below.

My car still "bunny hops" off the line.

Short of springs and LSD are there any good recommendations?

BTW, I have a few mods and I am running about 250HP right now.

blackz151

Ready to race!
Bsh motor and tranny mounts will help allot. I have them and the BFI insert and I have no wheel hop just allot of tire spin

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
This. I have a full VF Engineering mount kit (engine, trans, dogbone) and the hop is gone. Instead of hopping and losing traction on 1-2, and 2-3 shifts, the car just kinda squats and goes.

I was thinking of just starting with the dog bone and seeing what happens.. Heard that just makes vibrations more noticeable, then rattles more noticeable.. Have enough of those already

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
without springs or a LSD; the only things you can do is motor mounts, better tires, and stiffer strut mounts.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I was thinking of just starting with the dog bone and seeing what happens.. Heard that just makes vibrations more noticeable, then rattles more noticeable.. Have enough of those already

Break a dog-a-bone ;p
Do all 3...

Mantus

Passed Driver's Ed
Dogbone insert negative effects will vary between manual and DSG, with DSG being worse. If you're a DSG driver, expect a jerk on startup, with some added vibrations at idle and in first gear. Then, expect massive vibrations when putting power down in reverse, but not if you're just idling backwards. So try not to, you know, back up too many hills.

The insert will help with wheel hop, as will better tires and stiffer bushings for your front control arms. I recommend getting the full rubber bushings from the Audi TT, which I reviewed here:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178289

But if you're fine re-lubing a poly bushing setup every now and then, the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit seems to be pretty popular. Your wheel hop in first will not go away, but will be significantly reduced.

On a side note, OP, what is "the item below?" I see a bent piece of metal with a hole in it, not giving me that much info to go on, heh.

BAMF

Ready to race!
Dogbone insert negative effects will vary between manual and DSG, with DSG being worse. If you're a DSG driver, expect a jerk on startup, with some added vibrations at idle and in first gear. Then, expect massive vibrations when putting power down in reverse, but not if you're just idling backwards. So try not to, you know, back up too many hills.

The insert will help with wheel hop, as will better tires and stiffer bushings for your front control arms. I recommend getting the full rubber bushings from the Audi TT, which I reviewed here:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178289

But if you're fine re-lubing a poly bushing setup every now and then, the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit seems to be pretty popular. Your wheel hop in first will not go away, but will be significantly reduced.

On a side note, OP, what is "the item below?" I see a bent piece of metal with a hole in it, not giving me that much info to go on, heh.

The pic he posted is a dogbone mount insert, just metal instead of poly.

I've got the ECS insert on my 2.0T with DSG and I think it actually made the car smoother. I didn't notice any added vibrations, but I did notice the slight clunk when DSG upshifts disappear. This was one of my first mods as well, did it with less than 10k on the car, so it wasn't an issue of the stock mount being super worn.

defense05

Ready to race!
I did full mounts (BFI stage 2) and coil overs and I still had really bad wheel hop. It finally went away when I installed the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
034 Motorsport Engine/Tranny & Pendulum mounts should help with wheel hop. From dead stop to launch, no wheel hop and no loss of traction, car is planted. Only cons is that you get some NVH, especially if you're DSG, my car is manual so NVH is tolerable and I like it.