GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW V2's getting installed (DIY TO COME)

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Just got my coils back from the powder coater ready to install. DIY to come with plenty of pictures!!!

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
cause they were bright ass yellow. If someone looks into my fenders I don't want them to be like, "whoa look at that spring!" I would rather have the exterior of the car scream "wow" at you and not the springs/shocks cause I could see the rear springs/shocks through the wheel. Rear shocks are getting painted tomorrow.

I got the front struts out without removing the axle bolts but it was a PITA!!! I also wish I had the spreader tool.

Got my front osir lip and side skirts on too!!

Should be done sometime around afternoon then have a few beers!!!:drinking:

p.s. sorry no teaser pics uploaded yet...

Last edited:

That One Dude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
umm... what...?

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
sorry it's late and thinking has gone to a minimum. I'm installing coil-overs, and painted to match items. will post something that makes sense later today with some pics:character0293:

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
Bring on the pics, 66!

Would like to hear your first impressions of the V2, also.
I've been considering some V3 for street/track.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
I got the car done last night. Install wasn't too bad. I didn't have the "spreader" tool which would have saved some knuckles! All-in-all after driving her today with it pretty damn low, I can say this KW V2 setup is PHENOMINAL!!! Ride is definately more firm but I can honestly say this is the best riding lowered vehicle I have EVER driven!!! Before when cornering there was a lot of understeer and now it just wants to take the corners faster then I could ever push it before. I left the compression/rebound settings where they were out of the box but after I drive it some more and get to pick the suspension apart I might change it. Haven't uploaded DIY pics yet but tonight I should be able to get to them and get something together. Again, my KW V2 setup is AMAZING!!!

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
how is the rebound after going over a few small bumps does it bounce everywhere? or is just a tad bit stiffer that the stock ride?.

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
how is the rebound after going over a few small bumps does it bounce everywhere? or is just a tad bit stiffer that the stock ride?.

Tad stiffer. Doesn't bounce. Out-of-the-box. Settings might be able to go softer.:iono:

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
yeah I read that. I just find it a "weird" reason to powdercoat coils.

I also wanted to be a "little different" then everyone else with KW coilovers. I'm the only one i've ever heard of that has them orange instead of yellow... To me it's the little things that count...:iono:

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
but you can't see it when its on the car :iono:

unless you have these rims

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
how much did the coils cost i hear they are a great brand! most of the dtm cars and le mans cars run with kw.