GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KO4

xyouthx

slow ass car
Would be a big difference as a K04 setup will hold power longer than a K03 setup.

you mean the hp and torque curve would stay level longer than peaking and steadily drop like it does on all dyno graphs?

graphically speaking.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
But, I would have to disagree with you in the aspect of going to KMD and picking up a complete turbo kit. In conversation with this company, they do have them in stock.

Still not so sure, as far as software goes. Chris at revo told me thay dont sell it yet.

pearlmkv

Lou_Y2mK5, KMD sells the OEM S3 KO4 with S3 injectors.
They also sell their S3 KO4 kit that comes with injectors that are larger than S3.
The injectors that come in their fueling kit for BT are the same ones that come with their own S3 kit.

There are stock injectors, there are S3 injectors which flow 13% more than stock, and then there are injectors that are larger than both that KMD uses on their own kit, as well as fueling kit for BT.

This was just if there was any confusion, for it seemed that way.

gstylez

Super Hero in Disguise
nub question...can i go stg II with Giac +?

If so, what do I need?:help:

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
No such thing as GIAC "stage 2". It's not necessary. Just add a turbo back and you'll be fine.

gstylez

Super Hero in Disguise
So..is there a way for me to ever get any gains that the stage II for APR and such gets?

What can I upgrade to get anywhere close to the 300hp?

smokedogg69

not sure if this apply's to this thread, but i was wondering if buying a DP after ive already had a reflash with an intake, CB exhaust do i need to get reflashed again after the DP is installed. also for what it costs to get a FMIC is it worth it for the HP it gives you. 09 GTI here looking for alittle more kick to quiet the honda ricer's lol. thxs again

ducsNdubs

Ready to race!
not sure if this apply's to this thread, but i was wondering if buying a DP after ive already had a reflash with an intake, CB exhaust do i need to get reflashed again after the DP is installed. also for what it costs to get a FMIC is it worth it for the HP it gives you. 09 GTI here looking for alittle more kick to quiet the honda ricer's lol. thxs again

what software are you running. after getting a downpipe you could run what most tuners refer to as a stage 2 file for better gains. some of the tuners also have a file that deletes the CEL caused by running a cat-less downpipe. usually it is only like $50 to upgrade to the next file if sticking with the same company and definitely worth it.

smokedogg69

i had it done by a local tuner that i know, as far as i know he uses revo software for w/e it is he did/does. until i have it dyno'd i really cant say what gains ive gotten from it, but it def is faster on the top end side and def has alot more pull at the lower ends. on a 2nd gear roll u def feel it more then it was, but knowing true figures i couldnt say atm. based on what i have and what apr or revo stg1 tunes do, if after the dyno results if numbers r close then stg1 is what im guessing i'd have. having the DP i know adds 15-20 more hp from what i read, but does that require another flash or not.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
After exhaust you can get stage 2 programming. With the exhaust and exhaust tune done, only then is it worth 15-20. By doing exhaust on a turbo'd car youre freeing up a lot of flow allowing the turbo to do its job a hell of a lot better, no matter the turbo.

Drive on over here to the west coast, we got a dyno at the shop.:thumbsup:

intercooler helps the tsi engine quite a bit too.
I didnt really feel much with my intercooler, I have the early EJ one. I mean, I felt a little something, but not what I expected. Id have to estimate about 4.3 horsepower on the new model butt-dyno.