GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KO4

erictwinge

Ready to race!
So cheaper than swapping the car the K04 route could be the way to go if you want a little extra power without going BT.

Great info guys.

hassan

Boosted By K04
Car(s)
G5 Gti
yup i got the k-04.the k-04 is a direct bolt on but 2 pipes need to be changed just like the s3.the outlet pipe from turbo compressor side and the intake pipe

xyouthx

slow ass car
yup i got the k-04.the k-04 is a direct bolt on but 2 pipes need to be changed just like the s3.the outlet pipe from turbo compressor side and the intake pipe

where'd you buy the turbo? and how are you going to fix the two pipes that dont match?

pearlmkv

Mustang is most certainly not the most conservative dyno out there.

How is AWE getting more HP out of the S3 kO4 for the 2.0T, than the actual S3. They are using all of the S3 parts and using GIAC as a tuner. Please inform how this is possible. Maybe there is something that I am missing.

Stasis has, in essence, the same exact kit, and are using the same tuner, but they are getting two different numbers.

If a person were to have an S3 with a full exhaust with GIAC programming they get one number, AWE gets another, and stasis another. all running KO4 with s3 injectors.

KMD is using larger injectors than the S3 ones, their kit seems to be the most complete, with fuel pump, CAI, dv relocate kit, all hardware, hoses, and then a person can get software starting at 175 to 699. And there are people on here complaining about pricing on turbo upgrades for 5k-6k looking @ this kit you can easily be at 3500.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Mustang is most certainly not the most conservative dyno out there.

How is AWE getting more HP out of the S3 kO4 for the 2.0T, than the actual S3. They are using all of the S3 parts and using GIAC as a tuner. Please inform how this is possible. Maybe there is something that I am missing.

Stasis has, in essence, the same exact kit, and are using the same tuner, but they are getting two different numbers.

If a person were to have an S3 with a full exhaust with GIAC programming they get one number, AWE gets another, and stasis another. all running KO4 with s3 injectors.

KMD is using larger injectors than the S3 ones, their kit seems to be the most complete, with fuel pump, CAI, dv relocate kit, all hardware, hoses, and then a person can get software starting at 175 to 699. And there are people on here complaining about pricing on turbo upgrades for 5k-6k looking @ this kit you can easily be at 3500.

You need to read the thread more closely. It's stated that AWE took the K04 from the S4 and did additional work on the turbo to increase flow.

:readthethread:

Also, the 2 most common dynos used by MKV'ers are the Dynojet and the Mustang dyno... out of the 2, the mustang is more conservative... hence the statement about mustang dyno numbers being among the lowest.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
You need to read the thread more closely. It's stated that AWE took the K04 from the S4 and did additional work on the turbo to increase flow.

AWE took the K04 from an S4 and did additional work to increase flow? Ugh... What?

1. S4 does not have the k04.
2. Stasis is the one that claimed to have modified the s3 k04.

Stasis is running the s3 injectors, awe is running the stock injectors, people keep saying the KMD kit is running 30% larger than s3 injectors but 1, it's not even out yet (I know its on the site, try and actually buy one in person today and have it in your hands w/ the revo software), 2, what would be the point of increaseing injectors 30% over the s3 injectors for a k04?

What I do find interesting, that others have pointed out is that AWE and Stasis are both running GIAC software. Stasis has the added benifit of some mega k04 that's been modified to be super better. They also run larger injectors. Given that, stasis should have more power, unless they are taking the safe side, keeping EGT's low and keeping a flat torque curve. Lets go off of the web site numbers.

Stasis 290tq 300hp
Awe 345tq 315hp
Awe (w/ ic) 346tq 325hp
Awe (w/ ic & intake) 357tq 345hp

Someone in that mix must be running REALLLY hot, especially if they have no upgraded fueling. Thoughts?

Lastly, where did AWE get their highest figures (357/245)? Maybe I read it wrong, but their graphs say they estimate crank numbers by multiplying by 1.15 (seems a bit high). Even with that high 1.15 number, I'm not getting their figures from their dyno:

Max I get is (355/335). Maybe it's a typo or from another run.

Anyways, what's everyones thoughts on this?

Last edited:

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
I meant S3, was a typo...

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Stasis 290tq 300hp
Awe 345tq 315hp
Awe (w/ ic) 346tq 325hp
Awe (w/ ic & intake) 357tq 345hp

Someone in that mix must be running REALLLY hot, especially if they have no upgraded fueling. Thoughts?

Lastly, where did AWE get their highest figures (357/245)? Maybe I read it wrong, but their graphs say they estimate crank numbers by multiplying by 1.15 (seems a bit high). Even with that high 1.15 number, I'm not getting their figures from their dyno:

Max I get is (355/335). Maybe it's a typo or from another run.

Anyways, what's everyones thoughts on this?

must be a typo. Seems unreal without fueling mods.

pearlmkv

Arin, thanks for the verification on that.

But, I would have to disagree with you in the aspect of going to KMD and picking up a complete turbo kit. In conversation with this company, they do have them in stock. This was before I went BT.

In regards to the dyno, I thought that you were generalizing all dynos that are out there. If you weren't I take back my post, however the most conservative dyno is the MAHA, happens to be the only dyno in the world that provides you with crank and wheel horsepower without having to calculalte. I.E. Mustang dyno, you would have to multiply your wheel number by 1.15 to get an estimate of crank hp, when given wheel hp.

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
What i really want to see is how much faster would a K04 setup (with stock injectors / fuel pump) be than a stage 2 K03 with a fuel pump (and maybe an intake).

Would be a big difference as a K04 setup will hold power longer than a K03 setup.