GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Knock noise!

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Hey guys!!
I fitted all 3 VWR engine to my 07 R32 Manual recently and have developed a Knock noise at low speed when turning, also say your in first gear and your on and off the throttle. I have read a few threads on the sub frame issue, see you have to remove the sub frame to replace the bush just wondering if this is the same issue.
I had to retighten all the top engine mount bolts has they had come loose but the issue is still there....

Any thoughts????

Stef

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
You can tighten the bolts on the sub frame up.
From memory Oz R32's have the Audi normal bolts.
Put a socket on them anyway to prove it out.

What is an all 3 VWR engine??

Bazzle

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Sorry bazzle i left out the word mounts!!

Ok i will try tightenin them up! Gotta say that the mounts are an awesome mod to do, love em to bits!!!

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Noise Fixed!!

Hey guys! Found where my noise was coming from tonight!!! YES!! So has you can see in the photo's the Frt Sway bar was rubbing on the mount! After some investigation i came across the sway had no gab between the mount, this was confirmed once i removed the Sub frame. We did a little modification which was just Die grinded that part of the mount to give the sway bar clearance! Refitted everything and noise gone...also it has cleared alot of vibration away. With the sway bar on the mount obviously vibration was being transferred through the floor.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Stef

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 420

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
Yep running stock front sway bar and links... are the after market sway bar shaped a little differently to stock?? Ian didn't mention about running different sway bays when i purchased them....

nafets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 VW GOLF R32
You know to be honest i did read this before i bought them....I did raise this question with Ian when i was the early stages and he informed me that they should be right so i did think anything of it when the noise developed! Interesting!!