GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kia's answer to the GTI: -Kia Pro ceed GT-

This was just released, Kia will be making this little hatch to compete in the hot hatch market and to be honest the car doesn't look bad at all. Pretty impressed.

-The new Kia pro_cee'd GT and cee'd GT - the brand's most performance-focused production cars ever - will enjoy their world premieres at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show.

Designed in Europe under the direction of President and Chief Design Officer, Peter Schreyer, the two debutants feature bold athletic styling, distinctive LED daytime running lights, dual-exhaust pipes, Recaro seating, 18-inch alloy wheels and eye-catching red brake calipers.

The new turbocharged 1.6-litre GDI petrol engine will produce 204 PS (201 bhp) and 265 Nm (195 lb/ft), powering the front wheels through a six-speed manual transmission and allowing the Kia pro_cee'd GT and cee'd GT to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h (62mph) in 7.9 seconds.

The Ceed GT will be a rival for cars such as the Ford Focus ST and the next Volkswagen Golf GTI 5dr, while the Proceed GT will compete with three-door cars such as the Volkswagen Scirocco and Renault Megane Renaultsport

Production of the newest members of the latest generation cee'd family is scheduled to start at Kia's Zilina plant in Slovakia in mid-May 2013. The pro_cee'd GT is anticipated to go sale in the UK from the middle of 2013 and be joined by its cee'd GT counterpart towards the end of the year.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
^ doubt this will be a US product, maybe Canada. Would be interested to see the price point on one of these. Looks are there but performance seems to be lacking. Look how small those brakes are...

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
It looks good tho,very Euro Megane’s look like large hatch.I wouldn't.Now,what if they bring it here with the twin scroll turbo bumpin 250+ HP ???

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
we don't get the normal cee'd anyway in the US then there is no way that car will be in the US, i also wonder what jemery clarkson on top gear would say about since the car it based on is the celebrity track car

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It's a Forte hatch. It may be the replacement to the slow-selling Forte coupe when Kia sends us the next gen Forte (Cee'd in Europe). In turbo form, it will be Kia's version of the Veloster. Like the Veloster, I'd still rather have the GTI.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Uglier than GTI... but specs ain't bad.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
If your curious about the performance, just try a Veloster Turbo...seems to be the same drivetrain

not too curious on performance. 0-62 in 7.9 seconds. price compared to gti or focus st or magane.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Also, the name is awful.