GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 GTI vs. EFR WRX (video)

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
While driving to the beach, my cousin and I got several good runs in. Each time I hit it when I started to hear his turbo spool since we couldn't really hear the honks over his exhaust. He was babying it, shifting slowly and at 6K rpms. He has a fully built engine and transmission, I'm guessing he will keep it like this for a while, then boost is going up.

Sorry for the sleeveless shirt, it was around 100 degrees out.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Decided to post this here. Since my cousin is in Nevada and Texas for work, I drive the EFR WRX weekly to keep it in shape. On my way home from soccer last night I got into it with a loud ass Mustang GT, probably 2013ish. I pulled on him about the same way my cousin pulled on me in the above videos. The turbo lag kinda killed me on the initial hit, but the Mustang didn't stand a chance at any mph. No clue what the mods were other than it sounded mean and loud.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
God that WRX sounds good! Can't wait till I'm done with my motor, going to feel so good blowing Big turbo WRX's out of the water ;-)

Sounds awesome. That sound you're hearing is his 2 external wastegates and his crazy exhaust. At low rpms you can also hear the whine of his straight cut gears which sounds dead sexy. What turbo are you going with? I'd say 500-525 whp range should be able to beat this WRX when it's on full boost and race gas.