GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 GTI MKV TSI vs e90 M3's-- beat both!

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Thought I'd share a couple of "kill" vids.. Two E90 M3's I pushed out of the way at the track last week:

https://youtu.be/bL_ejKWSuD0

https://youtu.be/yg_MG8LpsIc

Great job and great vids!

Quick question, I'm going to be getting set up with water/meth in a couple of weeks, what psi do you start spraying and do you have a single or dual nozzle set-up? I've been told anywhere from 2-10 psi, but figured since you track your car like me and you have a similar build, you might have some input.

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
Hey thanks!
As for the w/m set up... There is a great thread that discusses set up and HYDE16 has provided some great Intel on the K04 specific application. My set-up is a VERY basic set up using and older analog module and one jet set up after the throttle body. It's also MAF based. I set up the onset and full spray settings by feel. For example, if onset is too early your motor will bog. And if full spray is too early, you'll use too much w/m. Then finally, I run logs to make sure the feel of the car and the data match up... Call it art and science. I don't use it for the 100 oct file (though I did in the past). I found my datalogs, while mostly clean in terms of timing pull, had occasional pulls of anywhere from 2-6 degrees and that made me uncomfortable. The extra HP on 100 oct wasn't worth the risk to only net 2 to 5/10 ths on track days. I don't 1/4 mile it either. I only use the 93 map and think of w/m as a way to
Chemically cool my motor and clean intake valves while tracking. Of course, it does help w power delivery and peace of mind that car is breathing easy. I would like to step up and try Aquamist at some point as HYDE16 was able to dial in the 100 oct map w no timing pull. But I've been focused on chasis work so maybe in the future I'll revisit. Good luck w your setup!

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Impressive keeping up with them around a road course (they are pretty beatable in a straight line) but you have your years way off. They stop making 4dr E chassis M3s in 2010. There is NO 2014 M and the 2015 M3/M4 is a whole different car.

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
So what would you say the years are for the white and black cars? I'll edit the video titles... I just took a wild guess to be honest as I'm not too knowledgeable on the M cars but felt it was in the ball park.

FastersBetter

Ready to race!
Haha.. Yeah -- seat time can definitely shave lap times. It's always way more fun racing cars where I'm the underdog.

The K04 is good as long as you keep above 4000 RPMs... Throttle management is a big learning curve though as the lag makes it tricky exiting turns... NA is still king for the track

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
So what would you say the years are for the white and black cars? I'll edit the video titles... I just took a wild guess to be honest as I'm not too knowledgeable on the M cars but felt it was in the ball park.

They are both 2009-2010. Taillights are different on 07-08". 2010 was the last year of the last gen 4dr M3.

Even those are suppose to annihilate a street prepped GTI regardless of engine power(LSD, RWD, track ready suspension and brakes from the factory, 400bhp) so it was still impressive running with them. I didn't say beat only because like mentioned either they need drivers mod or you were intimidating them into mistakes being able to hang so close.