GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just have to vent

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
hey guys,

I have to vent, i'll make it short.

Some of you know that I was in Beijing for the past 3 1/2 months working with a company. Well, I just got home 2 days ago and discovered that my boss decided to save her own ass and threw me under the bus for something that I didn't do. It was along the lines of me not telling her that she had meetings with some CEOs, and she blamed it on me, telling them that I was late for work and hung over.

I was never late for work, except for my 2nd day there. I wasn't paid, compensated, or reimbursed for any of my expenses while I was there. (Intern).

I found out this morning from my mom, since she is in the same industry and holds a position higher up in the food chain. The industry is small and VERY powerful, so far, this is the news that everyone has been hearing. Its her word against mine, but I know that the people in the office will vouch for me.

What sucks is that this is an industry/company that I want to eventually work for, and with this, it makes it very difficult that make a good impression now. My former boss really fucked me over, and I have no idea as to where to go from here!

Sorry for the rant.

mike20t

Shaved Burger

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick
Just start spreading your own story.

I didn't get the full picture though, you had the info about the meetings and was supposed to forward it to her? How were these meetings set up? Any e-mail notification about them, if she recieved it via e-mail then there's no excuse.

Anyways, in my line of work I've learned to send people an email, and them tell them verbally. That way, you always have your email history to back it up.

Although it sucks to learn this way, it's always very important to cover you ass best you can, one day it will come in handy.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Just start spreading your own story.

I didn't get the full picture though, you had the info about the meetings and was supposed to forward it to her? How were these meetings set up? Any e-mail notification about them, if she recieved it via e-mail then there's no excuse.

Anyways, in my line of work I've learned to send people an email, and them tell them verbally. That way, you always have your email history to back it up.

Although it sucks to learn this way, it's always very important to cover you ass best you can, one day it will come in handy.

see, thats the thing, all meetings and things are planned by HER and then confirmed by her own assistant.

I have no responsibilities for her. Right now, I am just looking at this like they needed a scape goat, and who better than the intern that just left?

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Do you log into a computer when you get in everyday? IT may be able to help you if so.

It varies, some days I may not need the computer, some days I do
Wow that's some low shit. Try going to the people higher up and letting them hear your story.
Yeah, I mean, I know the CEO, as he is my mom's godfather, but I'd rather not do that, I want to handle it without having to go over anyone's head.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
+1 to all the suggestions.

Definitely pull computer logs, email logs, everything and anything.

Don't take this shit from them. If all goes wrong, go up to higher management. Sorry, if somebody tries to taint my reputation, whether I want to be in that industry or not, I'm going to go all out to defend it, and fix it.

I don't care if I have to go to court, reputation is everything in business now.