GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jrbrownie00 timeline thread

jrbrownie00

Go Kart Champion
I've really been missing spring/summer and the way my car looks right now is a total bummer. Figured I'd follow the herd and come up with a timeline of my car.

Brought it home in March of 08' with 19kon the clock for only $10,500 (steal). Really high but awesome to drive at this height.

Rode like that for a few months but of course i wasn't the plan to leave it stock. This is my first VW and I was new to the Benz on Dubs thing and dove right in. FK Highsports and some polished 6 slots did the trick.

First DIY project on the car. Color was off but it did the trick for the short term.

Dremelled the helper springs out, got a frame notch and some gti skirts.

Got some Darcness tails but they were to dark for me so I sold em to a local.

Picked up a gti lower valence

Spaced out the rears and got it detailed

Someone hit my rear quarter backing out of a parking spot so while it was in the shop I got a rear spoiler, rubs and side markers painted and a real votex lip

Redid my interior trim with a faux turned metal, looks decent in these pics but it looked really cheesy in person. Put in an Alpine deck and custom sub enclosure

Got some fogs, BSH CAI and Magnaflow kitty back. Also sold the 6 slots and got some 18" OEM visions. I was dumb for selling these. :mad0259:

Replaced the Visions with classix for a bit (no pics) then picked up a set of wheels I fell in love with. 18" BBS RSII in chrome.

Last thing I did was get some chrome mirrors, still not completely sold on them.

I really can't wait for this upcoming year / show season. I have big (in my mind) plans for the car and can't wait to see what everyone else does.:thumbup:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Very nice. I forgot you had Visions. It looked like Max's in that phase, because I think he had the Rabbit front end at that point.

Mexx

Ready to race!
love the car,love the rs2
i also have rs2 on my tr.
where i can buy those chrome bbs logos?