ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

just incase you didnt see it the first time, here it is again
lulz

langer

i fix teefs
you're a dick if you don't...real men, especially married men have to listen to their women...cause if they dont'...they get a smack on the head...and I mean BIG TIME...:thumbsup:
It's the witholding of sex that makes me listen. She can smack me as many times as she wants upside the head and I won't listen.

mexr32

Ready to race!
well im from mexico and i can tell you those cars are well buit.
all the auto industry moves to places with cheap labor (mexico).
for exampe, ford ,gm, chrysler, bmw (3 series) mercedes( c class) renaut, nissan just to name a few are made in mexico
if you dont like cars made in mexico get an AMG mercedes or M from BMW or a porsche i think opel is german too.
even my R has parts from mexico.....

your GTI is made in puebla, outside mexico city..... sorry!

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
well im from mexico and i can tell you those cars are well buit.
all the auto industry moves to places with cheap labor (mexico).
for exampe, ford ,gm, chrysler, bmw (3 series) mercedes( c class) renaut, nissan just to name a few are made in mexico
if you dont like cars made in mexico get an AMG mercedes or M from BMW or a porsche i think opel is german too.
even my R has parts from mexico.....

your GTI is made in puebla, outside mexico city..... sorry!

They could be well built and everything, but I heard from good sources that some customers went to the dealer complaining that their ipod wasn't playing (brand new car) and when they the dealer took out the console, the wire harness wasn't even attached to the ipod connector. This service tech found lots of thing wrong with vws built in Mexico. VW sent a rep over to the factory and told them to put their act together, (since they were building a new factory here in the US) I don't know, but like the OP I was just about to buy a GLI until I saw that none of their VIN # started with WVW... Thats when I decided to go with my GTI.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
all gti's r built in germany

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
The gli is put together in Mexico yea but all the parts used are German. I've read the motor gets shipped there built already. Not sure did this is true but who cares. Gli or gti are still good cars.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
The gli is put together in Mexico yea but all the parts used are German. I've read the motor gets shipped there built already. Not sure did this is true but who cares. Gli or gti are still good cars.

Nobody is saying anything about the parts, most of the parts come assembled from Germany, is the final product assembly that takes place in Mexico that we are talking about. Poor quality assembly can make the difference even if the part come from the same place.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
True. But in all honesty I think gli and gti guys both complain about the same rattles. they're both good cars either way.