GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jetta GLI made in mexico....forget it!

white4dr

The Stig
Vin starting with 3- Mexico. W- Germany

I think the mkv was the last gti made in germany. I think there made in mexico or the usa now.

I know the passat is no longer made in germany. The touareg might be the only german made vw for us north americans

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Who cares where its made. Ether a mexican dude put it together or a German dude. Both are capable.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
Who cares where its made. Ether a mexican dude put it together or a German dude. Both are capable.

hahah thats a joke right?

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
The whole point is, who actually thinks that all the parts for these cars are made in Germany? Regardless of where the final assembly takes place, a cars actual country of origin can be ambiguous at best. This is all like saying that I only want a Toyota that is made in Japan. Most Toyotas sold in this country are made right here in the USA. Wouldn't it make sense that VW would want to save money on their cash cow cars and make them closer to where they are sold? Not to mention that China and the U.S. are the primary consumers of the Jetta. The Golf and GTI are primarily European, that is why they are made there. The nationality of a car really only means about as much as what country the car company's headquarters is based.

Oh and Btw, the reason why the GLI and GTI cost the same is because it would confuse consumers why one cost significantly more than the other. That is capitalism at work!

LAWSON

GTI=FAST\FASTER=BIKE
Car(s)
2009 GTI
well I think that if Mexico's VW Plant is as bad as some people here say dont you think the great magnanimous and overpowerful german engineers woudl have closed it already....

At least have the balls and admit its just a question of discrimination and a little bit of hate, sorry mates, be clear, I can deal with that!!
:threadjacked:

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
Fuck where the car is assembled-both the GTi and GLI have the same issues. Both factories are assembled the same with the same robots doing the same shit. Everything is automated-It doesn't take a genious to go down an assembly line and press a couple of buttons or add a part-German or Mexican. So stop with the superiority complex.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
well I think that if Mexico's VW Plant is as bad as some people here say dont you think the great magnanimous and overpowerful german engineers woudl have closed it already....

At least have the balls and admit its just a question of discrimination and a little bit of hate, sorry mates, be clear, I can deal with that!!
:threadjacked:

VW did send a rep over to Mexico to tell them to put their act together and stop screwing up in the quality control part of the assembly. Nobody is discriminating nor hating (i'm spanish too) but you got to admit, in order to get cheap labor, some things, some times get omitted.

ThumbThumbs

Banned
I don't recall reading about any issues that are on the Gti, that aren't on the Gli and vice versa. That being said it doesn't seem to be an issue if the car was built in Mexico or Germany.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
Fuck where the car is assembled-both the GTi and GLI have the same issues. Both factories are assembled the same with the same robots doing the same shit. Everything is automated-It doesn't take a genious to go down an assembly line and press a couple of buttons or add a part-German or Mexican. So stop with the superiority complex.

Then again, is not a superiority complex. Yes, most of the parts are put together by machines (and is not so simple as pressing buttons), but there are some parts installed by hand, ans some of the most important parts are done by hand. Both cars have the same issues because is a design problem. Everything comes down to quality control. I'm not saying that the German factory is building perfect vehicles, but at the end of the day if I had to choose, I'll take the German. Lets say you go to Best Buy, and you see a Sony LCD for $800 and it was made in Japan, and then you go to a small electronics store and you find the same tv for $700-$750 but it was made in china, which one would you pick?

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
I don't recall reading about any issues that are on the Gti, that aren't on the Gli and vice versa. That being said it doesn't seem to be an issue if the car was built in Mexico or Germany.

I'm not talking about design issues here. The common issues that both cars have come from the designers. I'm talking about quality build, and quality control