GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jeremy Clarkson to be officially sacked by BBC tomorrow

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
As the title states, Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision tomorrow (Wednesday) after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11493270/Jeremy-Clarkson-to-be-sacked-by-the-BBC.html

If you've been following the story, you know the circumstances. This appears to be the most definitive piece of information yet, and is from a legitimate source.

As a loyal TG fan, I thought this might lead to some interesting discussion on a forum for VW fans and car fans alike.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
^^^^ Interesting, and unexpected. Care to elaborate?

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Also, for anyone who's interested, I saw this on Twitter today. The betting odds for Clarkson's replacement:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I think its a dumb move on their part and I hope May and Hammond leave also and the show tanks. I think Clarkson, Hammond, and May should start a new show on another network and take the viewers from BBC.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
I think its a dumb move on their part and I hope May and Hammond leave also and the show tanks. I think Clarkson, Hammond, and May should start a new show on another network and take the viewers from BBC.

+1
They could be just as successful.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
How could Clarkson have survived on the show for so many years?

I think the man is not well. I've heard of people acting strangely, who have a chemical imbalance or something going on upstairs. My dad is in his 70's and looks younger than Clarkson.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion

The biggest issue with the show being on the BBC is that, as a publicly-funded network that is available to anyone who pays a license fee, censorship was inevitably going to be an issue. Put Top Gear on a private network with more freedom (or, Netflix), and many of the "incidents" that the BBC was ethically required to take seriously, would be non-issues. Think about how much profanity, nudity, and other things fly around on HBO that would never happen on NBC.

I think netflix is the best route

Interesting idea.

I'm pissed, I miss the show already!

Agreed. There are only two episodes left - they could just let them finish this season.

oh i read the thread as "back" instead of "sacked".:(

Haha sadly, that is not the case.

+1
They could be just as successful.

Agreed. The BBC had the funding to make some aspects of the show great (camerawork, funding for travel, etc.), but a private network with deep pockets could provide a lot of similar items. I wouldn't be surprised if another network tried to pick TG up, with the amount of money that it brought to the BBC.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
How could Clarkson have survived on the show for so many years?

I think the man is not well. I've heard of people acting strangely, who have a chemical imbalance or something going on upstairs. My dad is in his 70's and looks younger than Clarkson.

Clarkson loved his drinking and smoking, that's for sure :laugh:

ForzaGTI

Ready to race!
I think its a dumb move on their part

But you can't just punch someone at work and expect to keep your job. Regardless of who you are, no one is above the law.

I think Clarkson, Hammond, and May should start a new show on another network

That would be awesome!

wolverines_fan83

Ready to race!
The first thing I want to say is that you cannot punch someone over failing to secure you a steak dinner. That's not a good way to do business. With that being said if they fire Clarkson I agree that Hammond and May should leave and they should go somewhere else with the show. I'm not sure how much of the Top Gear brand Clarkson owns but hopfully it's enough to make that happen. If they try to replace Jezza I will not watch, Clarkson is Top Gear to me.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

With that being said if they fire Clarkson I agree that Hammond and May should leave and they should go somewhere else with the show
x2 on this

What he did wasn't right (allegedly)

I don't watch the show that much, but if they fire him.....the other two should leave with him & just go elsewhere