GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB Welding plastic IM?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Please don't boo me off the forums for even thinking this but would it be feasibly possible? Has anyone done this or had to do this before? I tried googling but could not really find any hits.

Last edited:

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Epoxy usually doesn’t bond too well onto plastic, especially one that heat cycles as often as the intake manifold. That said, what have you got to lose?

Can you fit a short screw into that hole? Might be better to do that combined with some epoxy to fill in the voids.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Epoxy usually doesn’t bond too well onto plastic, especially one that heat cycles as often as the intake manifold. That said, what have you got to lose?

Can you fit a short screw into that hole? Might be better to do that combined with some epoxy to fill in the voids.

Thankfully the piece that will cover the hole is here w/me as well. I bought some JB Weld ClearWeld but I may try to use some JB Weld high heat instead.

Many You Tube guys with higher end salvage rebuilds do this.
Go for it!
If it does not work, then you know what to do.

Yea I think I'll go for it, I will post up a pic once I'm done.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Did it arrive like that?

If so send that crap back

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That will definitely be the plan if this doesn't work out.

Seller might then say it's your problem because you messed with it, plus the time and labor wasted pulling it back off to swap out later.

Get a refund now and move on, there is no shortage of cheap Euro manifolds in great condition.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Seller might then say it's your problem because you messed with it, plus the time and labor wasted pulling it back off to swap out later.

Get a refund now and move on, there is no shortage of cheap Euro manifolds in great condition.

Damnit Hoon quit making sense over there :)

You are right though.. do it right the first time.