GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's New (to me) Daily - 2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T(FSI)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I think you can do the TSTAT by putting the front in service position. I’ve done a few and I don’t recall ever having to pull the intake manifold.
I've read this a few times and just don't see how it's possible. Everything is blocked by the manifold. Anywho I took the manifold off and holy cow...whoever had this car before me must have grannied it. One of the worst carbon buildups I've ever seen, spent 3+ hours cleaning the valves. Went to replace the injectors seals and found fcpeuro sent me seals for a tsi instead of fsi. They seem to screw up more than ecs, sure they'll at least make it right but it's pretty inconvenient.

20200410_151213.jpg

20200410_171822.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Had to wait a few more days because low and behold fcpeuro sent me only o rings and no seals....I layed into them hard and won't ever be ordering from them again. Finally got the thermostat out and replaced...what a pain even with the manifold out. Can see the old tstat stuck open. Burped the system and cleared the cel, first time with no cell since owning this car...now I can finally pass emissions!
IMG_20200418_130938_574.jpg